Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

9 hours ago, hcat said:

On Ascent..white night party was out. The new deck party is Shine the Night or similar name.... metallic and glitzy dress is in.. (starts at 10:30 p.m.)

Interesting...the night Sue was wearing white, she mentioned there would be a full moon party at 10pm that evening.  Maybe it was just the outfit she chose for the evening as a left over, sort of speak, from previous cruises.  In any event, nothing struck me as an official white night, so I would save the space in the ole suitcase for another souvenir. 

• Like 1

Ok guys (that's my best tour guide impression), Venice is definitely a place to free the ta tas.  I'm so very glad I packed a couple scarfs and I bought another in Portofino.  I mean, that's what scarfs are for, in case you didn't know.  Ok guys, all kidding aside, Venice is a pinch me place.  So, you ask, what is a pinch me place.  It's a place that we consider favorites. You know, like Barcelona, Turks and Caicos, Windsor Castle, Cesky Krumluv, the Scottish Highlands, and wherever our grandchildren are.  They are places where everlasting memories are made that one can only hope will never fade.  And that you hope are some of the things you see in your final moments on an earth that God blessed you to experience.  I'll post a series of pics and videos in a bit.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Ok guys, so I think some of yous (NY accent impression) in the know have been holding out on me and didn't mention how spectacular Venice will be!  The drive from Ravenna was about 2 hrs 15 min with a private car hire.  Our hotel is right on the Grand Canal and is spectacular and pretty fancy!  But that doesn't keep Watson from goofing off.  We have three nights here with two tours that should be great.  I'll report on those later.

20240504_201725.jpg

20240504_204210.jpg

May I ask the name of the hotel in Venice? We r staying at the Sina Palazzo Saant Angelo, but they all seem to have a similar look - btw, your blog is amazing and love the pictures (Boarding 13 May in Civi)

13 minutes ago, AG2 said:

May I ask the name of the hotel in Venice? We r staying at the Sina Palazzo Saant Angelo, but they all seem to have a similar look - btw, your blog is amazing and love the pictures (Boarding 13 May in Civi)

Seriously!?  We are staying in the same hotel and you will love it!  Definitely not similar in look, rather a treat, for sure.  Right on the Grand Canal with a few tables right out front facing the canal and well away from the more touristy areas.  Or sit in the bar and open the windows for a breeze.  I'm excited for you!  Stand by for photos.  They did upgrade us to a larger room, but perhaps what you would expect...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

Seriously!?  We are staying in the same hotel and you will love it!  Definitely not similar in look, rather a treat, for sure.  Right on the Grand Canal with a few tables right out front facing the canal and well away from the more touristy areas.  Or sit in the bar and open the windows for a breeze.  I'm excited for you!  Stand by for photos.  They did upgrade us to a larger room, but perhaps what you would expect...

OMG - thx - I expect an ally/wall view - we booked the small room...the location seems wonderful!

Posted (edited)

@AG2. A wonderful accommodation!  Feel free to ask questions!  All the pictures of the Canal are from sitting on the chairs in the front porch, which you can see in one of the photos.

20240505_193100.jpg

20240505_195448.jpg

20240504_131051.jpg

20240504_131351.jpg

20240505_071239.jpg

20240504_130648.jpg

20240505_071253.jpg

20240504_141729.jpg

20240504_131425.jpg

20240504_202621.jpg

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 7

Venice is a place that is so fantastic that I totally lost the bubble.  It's a place where we could not take a back pack on the tour so I did not have my bad a*ss mama jama goo hie coochie mobile charger, and within about 6 hours, my cell phone and camera was worn out  Believe it or not, I was resorted to using Watsons cell phone to take pictures.  Oh frigging no!  Well...ok...whatever.  I was totally in withdraw but made it work.  Anyway, stand by for pics.  This might take a couple days so hang in there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, surfnsun said:

@AG2. A wonderful accommodation!  Feel free to ask questions!  All the pictures of the Canal are from sitting on the chairs in the front porch, which you can see in one of the photos.

20240505_193100.jpg

20240505_195448.jpg

20240504_131051.jpg

20240504_131351.jpg

20240505_071239.jpg

20240504_130648.jpg

20240505_071253.jpg

20240504_141729.jpg

20240504_131425.jpg

20240504_202621.jpg

Thank you so much for the lovely photos of the hotel and all the other photos (and the videos below). We will have three nights after the cruise to enjoy Venice (along with 4 night pre cruise in Rome). Do U happen to know what they charge for breakfast at the hotel(or maybe al a carte)? I think our only port difference is Zadar for Dubrovnik and my Watson is very excited to visit as his Grandfather was born there. I was excited before, now beyond excited and 3 more sleeps bf we leave from Northern Cali (yes, admitting it). Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and may you have many safe travels in your future! I will keep enjoying your blog~

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much!!! We're doing this itinerary next fall, Rav to Rome. I struggled mightily to figure out a way to get to the Sea Organ in Zadar but the logistics were daunting (and the ship's  tuktuk tour is sold out), so I went ahead and booked a tour that would drop us nearby. The shuttle is perfect! Appreciate the info about Brindisi and drive time to Alberello too (had booked a tour with that as well). All very enlightening, entertaining--and lovely photos! You have a gift.

Btw, we were on the Connie in March, just before drydock--CD Sue had announced it was her final cruise!!! Retiring. Funny to see she is still aboard, in the same role. Will be curious to see if she's still there in Oct.

• Like 1

What car company did you use from Ravenna to Venice?  We are doing this cruise next year, Tampa Fl to Ravenna Italy, then staying for a month visiting. Trying to decide if we want to do the train or a private driver.  Thanks for great review!

• Thanks 1

Just adding this here for the folks who will be cruising on the Connie sometime soon; we were on her in March: a hidden side door in the minbar cabinet holds an ice bucket, corkscrew, glasses, etc. Check it out if yours are missing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, AG2 said:

Thank you so much for the lovely photos of the hotel and all the other photos (and the videos below). We will have three nights after the cruise to enjoy Venice (along with 4 night pre cruise in Rome). Do U happen to know what they charge for breakfast at the hotel(or maybe al a carte)? I think our only port difference is Zadar for Dubrovnik and my Watson is very excited to visit as his Grandfather was born there. I was excited before, now beyond excited and 3 more sleeps bf we leave from Northern Cali (yes, admitting it). Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and may you have many safe travels in your future! I will keep enjoying your blog~

Thank you for your kind comments!  Watson is from Southern California and I have a brother in El Cerrito.  You have a long journey!  I asked the front desk and was advised all room rates include breakfast.   It is a great spread and lovely to enjoy on the beautiful patio.  Just FYI, the water taxis are very expensive.  It was 70 EUR from where our driver dropped us off to the hotel.  I'm not sure the cost of the water bus or if it operates from your location.  You may want to arrange for a water taxi with the hotel as we had a bit of trouble finding one available.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sofietucker said:

Thank you so much!!! We're doing this itinerary next fall, Rav to Rome. I struggled mightily to figure out a way to get to the Sea Organ in Zadar but the logistics were daunting (and the ship's  tuktuk tour is sold out), so I went ahead and booked a tour that would drop us nearby. The shuttle is perfect! Appreciate the info about Brindisi and drive time to Alberello too (had booked a tour with that as well). All very enlightening, entertaining--and lovely photos! You have a gift.

Btw, we were on the Connie in March, just before drydock--CD Sue had announced it was her final cruise!!! Retiring. Funny to see she is still aboard, in the same role. Will be curious to see if she's still there in Oct.

Thank you for your kind comments!  Yes, funny to see she changed her mind.  Wishing you a smooth sailing and safe travel!

8 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

What car company did you use from Ravenna to Venice?  We are doing this cruise next year, Tampa Fl to Ravenna Italy, then staying for a month visiting. Trying to decide if we want to do the train or a private driver.  Thanks for great review!

I had the train booked then cancelled it because they changed their baggage allowance on 1 March and I wasn't sure we would be in compliance.  Also, I was a little nervous about storing the luggage on the train where it would be easy to watch.  Probably would have been fine, but I'm a worrier.   We used a driver arranged by our R&B in Ravenna.  Email address is danilo.cimatti@gmail.com.  The cost was 330 EUR one way.   Yes, I have now run out of family members to sell to pat for this trip.  😆  Happy to answer any further questions.

• Like 2

@AG2 I forgot to mention, you will need cash for the water taxis and the water taxi from our hotel to the airport is 200EUR, but we have to do it as I've never taken a water taxi to the airport!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@AG2 The water bus (we call it the boatro as opposed to metro lol) stop is next to the hotel and their private dock is right at the front door.  See photos, first for the boatro and second for their dock with the brown and white striped pools.

20240506_080611.jpg

20240506_080621.jpg

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 2

Yesterday, public rail was on strike and today both public road and water busses are on strike.  I'm told you can book guarantee rail and traveling business class accommodate luggage well.

• Like 1

This is the tour we took yesterday and it ranks at the top of the list of all tours.  I'll post photos later.  Some of the best yet,  IMO.  Today's tour should be as good or better.  More later.

Screenshot_20240505_210353_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, surfnsun said:

This is the tour we took yesterday and it ranks at the top of the list of all tours.  I'll post photos later.  Some of the best yet,  IMO.  Today's tour should be as good or better.  More later.

Screenshot_20240505_210353_Chrome.jpg

I can’t wait to see Venice! We are staying two nights after the cruise before we head back home. I heard about “Walks Tours”, a podcast I follow called “Untold Italy” highly recommended them. 🙌🏻 “Untold Italy” is a great source of info if you are still in the planning stages for your Italy adventures….not as entertaining as SurfnSand, but useful. 😁

• Thanks 1

We visited Venice on part of our Honeymoon 19 years ago. Magical place. Getting lost is half the fun. Go to the islands of Murano to see a glass factory and Burano to see the colorful buildings and handmade lace. They are very different from the city.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, surfnsun said:

@AG2 I forgot to mention, you will need cash for the water taxis and the water taxi from our hotel to the airport is 200EUR, but we have to do it as I've never taken a water taxi to the airport!

The water taxi to/from the airport is expensive, but us worth every penny.

It is the most amazing experience......you feel like James Bond 😁😁

Enjoy! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Ok guys (that's my best tour guide impression), Venice is definitely a place to free the ta tas.  I'm so very glad I packed a couple scarfs and I bought another in Portofino.  I mean, that's what scarfs are for, in case you didn't know.  Ok guys, all kidding aside, Venice is a pinch me place.  So, you ask, what is a pinch me place.  It's a place that we consider favorites. You know, like Barcelona, Turks and Caicos, Windsor Castle, Cesky Krumluv, the Scottish Highlands, and wherever our grandchildren are.  They are places where everlasting memories are made that one can only hope will never fade.  And that you hope are some of the things you see in your final moments on an earth that God blessed you to experience.  I'll post a series of pics and videos in a bit.

I told you Venice wasn't boring 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

You hotel looks fantastic 

What a location!

We stayed in the Violino D"Oro, it was stunning & also a great location.

Loving all your photos....thankyou for the memories.

I'll be sad when your trip ends, but not as sad as you I'm guessing 😅 

Thanks again & enjoy the remainder of your trip & that water taxi to the airport!

• Haha 1