Any reviews of The Chef’s Table?

Greetings All,

I will be on the Summit in a few weeks and am considering The Chef’s Table as a dining option.  At $159pp, I would love to learn what others have to say and whether it is a good value.  Do the wine pairings come with the dinner? I will be having the Zero Proof drink package, but would love to have the pairing.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  
Many thanks!

Our experience in August on Millennium was excellent.  Much less expensive, I might add.  We paid around $100 pp.  Yes, we received the cookbook.  The main chef for the entire cruise was our host.  We also bought the wine pairings.  Don't recall how much, but it was worth it.

One of the best parts of the experience was meeting the eight other passengers, six of whom we have remained in contact with since the cruise.

• Thanks 1

I was on the Celebrity Edge last Sept and did the Chef’s Table. As a single, it was a bit awkward since everyone else was a couple and there are only 8 people (7 in my case). While I thought the food was excellent, it was a long dinner and there was quite a bit of downtime before the main course. I did the wine pairings and the sommelier was quite knowledgeable in explaining to all of us some history etc. behind the wines. That being said, there was one couple who only drank martinis and kept talking during the sommelier’s informative talk to us having the wine pairings. I would say if you enjoy a special meal with wine, do it but be prepared for some passengers who really aren’t into the experience but only themselves.

• Thanks 1