January 2026 - Too early to be excited?

As the name suggests, I do like to be organised - but never this organised! It's the first time we've booked anything so far in advance but cruising the fjords is something I've always wanted to do. I'm now looking for all tips, hints and anything else you can throw my way. Sailing on Balmoral. Southampton > Stavanger > Olden > Haugesund > Lerwick > Southampton. We've cruised in the Caribbean with Disney and Carnival so have some experience but Fred Olson is new to us.

Packing, excursions, food, drink - what is the number one tip you would give?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We really enjoyed - Loen Skylift - need to take shuttle to Loen.  You can buy tickets in advance 

https://www.oldencruise.com/shore-excursions/loen-skylift-including-transfer/

Lots of hikes at the top - https://www.loenskylift.com/walking-hiking?rq=Hikes

Edited by Sarnia 432
I should add, this is for the port of Olden
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:38 AM, LetsGetOrganised said:

As the name suggests, I do like to be organised - but never this organised! It's the first time we've booked anything so far in advance but cruising the fjords is something I've always wanted to do. I'm now looking for all tips, hints and anything else you can throw my way. Sailing on Balmoral. Southampton > Stavanger > Olden > Haugesund > Lerwick > Southampton. We've cruised in the Caribbean with Disney and Carnival so have some experience but Fred Olson is new to us.

Packing, excursions, food, drink - what is the number one tip you would give?

Yes I keep looking at this and thinking is it too early to book! I really would like to go on this one but may hold out a bit longer (need to save a bit more) 

• Like 1

I was umming and ahhhing a lot as people around me kept saying we won’t enjoy it, we’re too young etc. But then I thought, a holiday is what you make of it, we’re going to have a wonderful time visiting places we want to see. We could afford the deposit and plenty of time to save for the balance :-)

2 hours ago, LetsGetOrganised said:

I was umming and ahhhing a lot as people around me kept saying we won’t enjoy it, we’re too young etc. But then I thought, a holiday is what you make of it, we’re going to have a wonderful time visiting places we want to see. We could afford the deposit and plenty of time to save for the balance 🙂

What do you mean by 'too young'??  There was a pretty good mix on the Northern Lights March cruise we went on - Ok, predominantly mature people, but quite a lot of middle aged, some with a few children and a young couple on honeymoon (that's the few I actually interacted with). As you say, a holiday is what you make it!