Stomach bug restrictions

jfavenuex

On Queen Mary 2 due to current stomach bug going around what activities specifically would be restricted?

Are you allowed to get off at the ports if it doesn't affect you?

What protocols are in place by staff?  I am going on Queen Mary 2 end of May would this problem be gone by then? Thanks to all who responded.

Let’s see. There is no self-service in the King’s Court, including at the beverage stations, except for plated items that only one person (one hopes) will touch. Tables are wiped down after use and you’re asked not to use them until they dry. Most activities are still going on, but events like the Country Fair have been canceled - too many people touching the same objects. The staff have extra restrictions on mingling with guests, so things like World Club parties also wouldn’t happen. 

In general it’s a little inconvenient but the restrictions are absolutely necessary and everyone I see is coping with them fine. Of course it could have all been avoided if people would wash their hands; keep their hands away from their eyes and mouths when not eating; and isolate when ill. But that’s another issue.

There are no restrictions on anyone who isn’t afflicted so yes, you can get off in port. (Well, unless there are so many cases on board the port won’t let you stop, but I’ve been told we’re nowhere near that number so far.) As for what things will be like in late May? You certainly won’t have our current issue but there’s no way to know whether you’ll have one of your own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1