Repricing 3 Times Already

gcornell

Surfing through this thread reinforces why for the past 5-6 years we now wait until after final payment time to book as we’re bargain seekers!  I realize that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, some folks have to book early, etc, but it simply works fine for us. 

While I realize demand for cruising is high following the pandemic, each sailing is its own entity, and supply and demand will forever dictate pricing. 

We were looking at cruises for Oceania and Cunard for 12-14 nights for late summer or fall. We had been on Celebrity in RS on M class and loved it. In the last year or so pricing got quite high and no longer gratuities or OBR. I thought maybe I would look at Celebrity. The Aug 4-16 Newark to Reykjavik was now down to 5520 pp so basically half. There were 3 RS so I got one. It lasted less than 24 hours.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 1:58 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Suite prices across the board for Sept '24 Alaska have fallen considerably since December. As of today for 9/1/24 Solstice a Sky Suite is priced the same as a Celebrity Suite. 

You piqued my interest so I checked this out.  Unfortunately all the CS are gone.   Aqua Sky was still a good price.  Then I checked airfare and hotels.  Just not willing to pay $700+ for a flight and close to $400 for a decent hotel room.  Oh well.  

This particular Alaska cruise seems to be quite a bit lower than others.  I looked at the itinerary and I think that's why.  IMHO the times in port, with one exception, are not very ideal at all.  Not saying you couldn't enjoy Alaska regardless but since I never eat dinners onshore I don't like to arrive in mid-afternoon, regardless of how late the ship stays.

39 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Surfing through this thread reinforces why for the past 5-6 years we now wait until after final payment time to book as we’re bargain seekers!  I realize that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, some folks have to book early, etc, but it simply works fine for us. 

While I realize demand for cruising is high following the pandemic, each sailing is its own entity, and supply and demand will forever dictate pricing. 

I book everything very early to get best choice of cabins, flights, seats, excursions and hotel availability.  Then I set up alerts or check back regularly for repricing. In all my years, flights have never gone lower after booking close to a year out but cruises and hotel rooms I usually get about 30% lower before final payment/travel. 

• Like 1

The other thing I saw was for the cruise from Reykjavik to Boston 12nights was about $9000 more than from Newark to Reykjavik. Same ship number of nights, and ship. It was just 2 weeks later.

• Thanks 1