looking for Park & Cruise Hotel In MIA

driver2

I used parksleepfly also. It's not solely for parking, sleeping and flying. They have different variations. The particular one I chose, was fly/sleep/cruise. I'm booked at the Baymont on LeJuene. Although I cannot speak for the hotel YET, it does offer free shuttle service from Miami airport; as well as, free shuttle service to the pier. I got my room for $91 for 6/10/06. I've read that it's not exactly convenient to a lot of other things, but I figure for one night, who cares?!

• 2 weeks later...
I used parksleepfly also. It's not solely for parking, sleeping and flying. They have different variations. The particular one I chose, was fly/sleep/cruise. I'm booked at the Baymont on LeJuene. Although I cannot speak for the hotel YET, it does offer free shuttle service from Miami airport; as well as, free shuttle service to the pier. I got my room for $91 for 6/10/06. I've read that it's not exactly convenient to a lot of other things, but I figure for one night, who cares?!

Do you know if you can only book through p/s/f within a certain time frame. ie: 6mos before or 4 mos before? I've tried to book through them and they say there is nothing available for 2/22/07, when in fact I can make a reservation direct. I might just make my regular reserv and check back in a couple of months

choozin' cruzin', I saw this question and went to the website to see if I could find the answer. I then discovered that apparently I didn't know my user name! LOL

I left a message for them, they returned my phone call and I was able to get my user name. (Which I used to mail myself my password...but anyway..I digress.) I asked them this question for you.

The customer service representative (who was VERY nice), told me that, unfortunately, they don't usually get the next years hotel booking information until around September. Yes, this is pretty late if you're looking at February. She said it's frustrating for them, too. Occasionally, certain hotels will release the information sooner.

I told her that you were probably going to make a reservation and then keep checking to see if you could do better and she said "Yes, indeed, please keep checking back with us".

Sorry that I don't have better news, but at least it IS news!

choozin' cruzin', I saw this question and went to the website to see if I could find the answer. I then discovered that apparently I didn't know my user name! LOL

I left a message for them, they returned my phone call and I was able to get my user name. (Which I used to mail myself my password...but anyway..I digress.) I asked them this question for you.

The customer service representative (who was VERY nice), told me that, unfortunately, they don't usually get the next years hotel booking information until around September. Yes, this is pretty late if you're looking at February. She said it's frustrating for them, too. Occasionally, certain hotels will release the information sooner.

I told her that you were probably going to make a reservation and then keep checking to see if you could do better and she said "Yes, indeed, please keep checking back with us".

Sorry that I don't have better news, but at least it IS news!

Thanks so much for all the trouble you went through to find me that answer. I think I will book a room at the Baymont for right now ($116) even though it's a seedy area, and keep checking back with them to see if something opens up. THat way I'll be covered ;). We used p/s/f this past March and it worked great. Thanks again!

It was my pleasure, you're very welcome!:)

P.S. When I get back, I will post a detailed review of this hotel. (Because I know I appreciated whatever info I could find out about it.)

That would be great! Happy cruising!

I just noticed you were from Indiana....where abouts? My son attends UINDY in Indianapolis (I guess that was a given wasn't it?) We love it down there as does he.

I live in a suburb on the southside of Indy. I assume you mean University of Indianapolis? U of I? (Formerly Indiana Central?) Not too far from me, 'bout 15 minutes-ish.

You live in MI and send him to U of I?! Wow! You must have some deep pockets! LOL Even as a Hoosier, that's an expensive school! (I only say this because I have two high-schoolers and college is foremost in my mind.) DD who is only a year away from college doesn't drive, and doesn't have much urge to drive has been shopping for 'close' colleges. (I guess she assumes I'll drive her! LOL)

Yes, Indy is a great place. I love the area surrounding U of I. We house hunted around there once upon a time. We ended up going further south. There's a terrific gyro place (really a 'dive') near the campus. Have your DS take you there! YUM!

Very DEEP pockets for sure (less cruises for me :( ). He is a competetive swimmer and is in Graphic Design. UINDY (that's the name they want to go by now, as of about a month ago) was the only school that fit the "bill". When we visited there it just clicked. We live in a small town (Holland) and the small town feel of the campus, the small class sizes, diversity, and the opportunity of the city (for internship and FUN) all around you, was perfect! He had competed in Indy several times throughout his "career" so we were very familiar with the area. He was SUPPOSED to get a scholarship to help with the bill, but an illness at the end of the season (the BIG meet) and a less than successful freshman year, hasn't seen any money yet......He is bound and determined to turn things around over the summer to make that happend next year. Sometimes I wonder if iall the $$$ is really worth it though. If he didn't swim he probably would go to a more specialized school. But he loves it there and isn't ready to hang up the speedo yet. LOL Good luck with getting your DD behind the wheel, and all the decisions that you have in front of you with colleges. I'm glad that's behind us as he is our only one. I will have to ask him about the gyros place. We love those. Ok, I've rambled on long enough....Have a great trip!

The gyro place is just north of him on U.S. 31. I think the name is King Gyro or something cheesy like that!

Does he swim a lot at the Natatorium (spelled?)? Or is that exclusively for I.U and I.U.P.U.I. students?

U of I....err..UIndy as you say, is a sweet little school, no doubt. Franklin College is another one.

Thank you for liking our area. I hate it when people can only find the ugliness!

ChoozinCruzin, check out my post on the other thread (Baymont Inn) regarding Baymont Inn now being LaQuinta.

Thanks for keeping me updated on both the Gyros (LOL) and the hotel. I saw the post by someone else and I noticed on tripadvisor when you click in for quotes, I put in Baymont and on Expedia it came back LaQuinta already. I guess we'll see what that means.

My son has swam/swum(?) at the natatorium before for different competitions and their DII Nationals meet was just held there in March, but unfortunately they had to pay the big bucks to rent it. It is a beautiful facility for sure. However they do have their own pool on campus, which needs updating, but it works.

I don't know how anyone can think Indy is ugly....but then I lived in CHicago for 15 years. I'd take Indy over CHicago anyday!

Archived