Speciality Dining and drinks questions

Hi, we are going in our first cruise to Norwegian Fjords in May on the Iona. 
I have been able to pre-book some of the speciality dining (looks like there was a glitch with the website last week).

we have booked Sindu for one evening £10pp, are our meals extra on top of this charge? Apologies if that is a daft question.

Also I’m not able to find any information on drinks prices, particularly bottles of wine in the restaurants. We’re trying to decide between a drinks package, the Captain or Commodore wine option or if we just buy a bottle when we want. We aren’t massive drinkers but do like a glass of wine with our meal.

many thanks in advance

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the boards @CharlieNo 👋🏻

Regarding Sindhu, you choose what you want from the menu, at the prices shown. When you get your bill, all food will be discounted by 20%. They then further discount your bill by the £10 pp pre-payment.

You won't find drinks prices away from the ship. Perhaps someone onboard now may be able to photograph and post one of them for you. Mind you, if they haven't already, prices should be increasing about now.

Edited by TigerB

@TigerB' explained the Sindhu pricing, as regards wine, if you are not big drinkers then buying wine by the glass will probably be your best option. Iona does not let you leave unfinished bottles for the next time you're in the MDR, so you need to take it back to your cabin, and carry back down the the next time.

1 hour ago, CharlieNo said:

Hi, we are going in our first cruise to Norwegian Fjords in May on the Iona. 
I have been able to pre-book some of the speciality dining (looks like there was a glitch with the website last week).

we have booked Sindu for one evening £10pp, are our meals extra on top of this charge? Apologies if that is a daft question.

Also I’m not able to find any information on drinks prices, particularly bottles of wine in the restaurants. We’re trying to decide between a drinks package, the Captain or Commodore wine option or if we just buy a bottle when we want. We aren’t massive drinkers but do like a glass of wine with our meal.

many thanks in advance

If you are not big drinkers I would leave all the drinks packages alone. You have far greater choice and more flexibility if you pay as you go.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

@TigerB' explained the Sindhu pricing, as regards wine, if you are not big drinkers then buying wine by the glass will probably be your best option. Iona does not let you leave unfinished bottles for the next time you're in the MDR, so you need to take it back to your cabin, and carry back down the the next time.

To add to that, P&O's prices for wine by the glass are very fair, with a 175ml glass costing about a quarter the price of a 750ml bottle and a 250ml glass about a third of the price, rather than having a big mark-up as you sometimes see in restaurants ashore.

• Like 1