Anyone ever take the $2 pp bus to the aquarium??

RN7997

I had reserved a $40 Jimmy jeep through Avis, but then I saw that there is a $2 bus in curacao. Has anyone used this?? Where do you pick it up? We'll have our 2 sons with us (8 and 6 years old). We were planning on walking around town and maybe going to the aquarium/beach next to it for a while. I am trying to decide whether or not to cancel my reservation. With taxes the car is almost 51 and the bus, if reliable, is 16 for all of us. Any info????

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We're just back from Curacao last week. We took the bus out to Kontiki beach which is a 5 minute walk from the aquarium. The fare was US$1 per person each way. I imagine that it would be the same price to the aquarium. You won't be able to get the bus near the ship's dock. But you said that you would be walking around town, so you're in the right area. After taking the free ferry across the canal, you want to go STAIGHT for a few city blocks and then head LEFT towards the floating open market area. Your destination is the street in front of the Post Office. This is the Main street that the buses go up and down. Ask for directions(everyone is very friendly and will be glad to help you). The Taxis and Buses both look the same(9 person passenger vans), but are distinguishable by their license plates. The Taxis read TAX and the Buses read BUS. When you see a van with BUS on the license plate flag it down, and you're off to the aquarium! Be sure to ask the driver where the bus stop at the aquarium is, to get back into town.

Enjoy--DamMan

• 2 weeks later...

Last week we also took a "local" bus to the Sea Aquarium for $1 and a taxi back, but can't remember that cost. We, of course, were looking for a bus and not a 9 seater passenger van. We went to the 2nd beach over from the Aquarium and snorkled and relaxed there - there were a couple of topless women, just to let you know.

Peggy

• 5 months later...

Archived