"The Key" Enchantment of the seas, worth it?

20 hours ago, Smiley_Man said:

Definitely only one device per stateroom.

No everyone gets internet. When you buy the key every person in stateroom has to buy the key and everyone gets internet. 
definitely not worth it, though the more devices you buy under one name becomes cheaper

6 minutes ago, renza said:

No everyone gets internet. When you buy the key every person in stateroom has to buy the key and everyone gets internet. 
definitely not worth it, though the more devices you buy under one name becomes cheaper

I've never bought the Key until just recently.  The price for internet (multiple devices under one person) was only $3/day less than buying the Key.  For us, the extra $21, or whatever, in total was worth it.  Normally The Key "on Sale" is around $25/pp/pd, but we found it at ~$18 during one of the sales. Since Royal allows you to log-in and log-out , if one person wants to use multiple devices, they can.

4 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

I've never bought the Key until just recently.  The price for internet (multiple devices under one person) was only $3/day less than buying the Key.  For us, the extra $21, or whatever, in total was worth it.  Normally The Key "on Sale" is around $25/pp/pd, but we found it at ~$18 during one of the sales. Since Royal allows you to log-in and log-out , if one person wants to use multiple devices, they can.

It’s not just three dollars a day. The more devices you buy under one name, the price becomes cheaper. So say the Internet is $17.99 a day. If you bought two devices under one name, it is not $17.99 for each. The price goes down. The key not go down everyone in the state room has to pay that price.  So I guarantee you you paid more than three dollars per day.

3 hours ago, renza said:

It’s not just three dollars a day. The more devices you buy under one name, the price becomes cheaper. So say the Internet is $17.99 a day. If you bought two devices under one name, it is not $17.99 for each. The price goes down. The key not go down everyone in the state room has to pay that price.  So I guarantee you you paid more than three dollars per day.

Um... yup. I know.     There are 2 of us in the cabin. If I were to purchase a 2 device plan under one name, and then compare it to The Key pricing - it was only $3 more pp/pd for the key.   For us, the $3 works  - so we bought the Key.  Again - I've never seen the Key and the 2 device plan so close in price before - so we pulled the trigger.  

On 5/1/2024 at 11:39 AM, Smiley_Man said:

Definitely only one device per stateroom.

Not true. We bought the Key 3 times in the last few months (only because it was $3 more per day than WiFi on these cruises). We both got our own separate WiFi/Internet account on all 3 cruises. As others have stated, in my opinion the Key is only worth it when it is less than $5 per day more than WiFi and you were planning on buying WiFi for both people (or however many people are in your cabin).