Our Carnival Vista B2B - Havana Style - (with pics!) - 4/14/24

On 5/13/2024 at 5:10 PM, Jamman54 said:

On 5/13/2024 at 5:04 PM, Jamman54 said:

At 7am I made my way to the Ocean Plaza to get my morning coffee from Setyo. I met Beth & Mark there and we chatted for a while. In the meantime, Patti is out and about taking pictures. The alcoholic beverage pick up is happening in the Horizons Restaurant…..

IMG_7170-XL.jpg

Does your alcohol return depend on the port or the ship on whether or not they bring it to your cabin or you have to pick it up? We don't drink much, but occasionally DH will buy liquor on the ship if it's a good deal. Last time we bought some I reminded him that he'd have to go pick it up and would have to deal with that line before he bought it, so make sure it's worth that hassle. Then for that cruise it was delivered to our room on the last night. So I thought they had changed it and went back to doing that, which makes it so much easier. I don't remember if it was out of NO or Mobile though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikayla73 said:

Does your alcohol return depend on the port or the ship on whether or not they bring it to your cabin or you have to pick it up? We don't drink much, but occasionally DH will buy liquor on the ship if it's a good deal. Last time we bought some I reminded him that he'd have to go pick it up and would have to deal with that line before he bought it, so make sure it's worth that hassle. Then for that cruise it was delivered to our room on the last night. So I thought they had changed it and went back to doing that, which makes it so much easier. I don't remember if it was out of NO or Mobile though. 

On the Vista you have to pick it up. Can't speak to other ships as we never purchase alcohol bottles on the ship or ports. 😎

• Like 1

Greetings Cruise Critic Family! I’m happy to report that so far Patti’s recovery is going pretty well. She has very little pain and she slept pretty well last night. She is encouraged to walk and put weight on her foot, but to not overdo it. Also, she will be using lots of ice. She has a post-op visit with the surgeon on Monday, so we’ll see how she is progressing. Again, we want to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes the past few days. They meant the world to both of us! Now, where were we?…..

Day # 9- (April 22nd) – Fun Day at Sea # 4. 

We were up at 6:30am to a warm, sunny day. I went to the Ocean Plaza Bar to get my morning coffee from Setyo, and then back to the cabin to work on pictures……

IMG_7718-X2.jpg

Here are today’s “Fun Times”. Apparently they ran out of the paper stock for the regular Fun Times…..

IMG_7716-XL.jpg

IMG_7717-XL.jpg

At 9:30am Patti and I went out to the Havana Area for some drinks, sun, and some pool time. Jendra is bringing me my first bloody Mary of the day……

IMG_7719A-XL.jpg

Lin is back here this cruise. She replaced Katherine who went home on vacation after last week’s cruise…..

IMG_7719B-XL.jpg

Lin takes a picture of me hanging out at the bar…..

IMG_7719C-XL.jpg

Patti takes some Havana Area views…..

IMG_7719D-XL.jpg

IMG_7719E-XL.jpg

IMG_7719F-XL.jpg

IMG_7719G-XL.jpg

IMG_7719L-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

Here I am just hanging out in the pool…..

IMG_7719M-XL.jpg

IMG_7719N-XL.jpg

IMG_7719J-XL.jpg

I’m just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I’m attacked by a bunch of crazed women. I’ve always been a chick magnet! Lol…..

IMG_7719P-XL.jpg

IMG_7719O-XL.jpg

Around 1:30pm we make our way back to the cabin. I’m going to take a nap while Patti reads or watches a movie. I Gede has left us another towel animal…..

IMG_7721-XL.jpg

The laundry that Patti sent out yesterday has been returned…..

IMG_7720-XL.jpg

At 4:30pm Patti heads to the Limelight Lounge to check out Build-A-Bear…..

IMG_7724-XL.jpg

IMG_7749-XL.jpg

IMG_7730-XL.jpg

IMG_7727-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

At 5:45pm we head up to the Seaside Theater to watch a short movie called the Sacred Planet…..

IMG_7750-XL.jpg

IMG_7772-XL.jpg

IMG_7779-XL.jpg

Patti likes to watch from a lounger, but I prefer to watch from the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

IMG_7778-XL.jpg

IMG_7776-XL.jpg

Afterwards, we head down to Bonsai Sushi for dinner. Here is what we ordered…..

IMG_7785-XL.jpg

IMG_7786-XL.jpg

For my apps I had the miso soup and a shrimp sashimi…..

IMG_7788-XL.jpg

IMG_7791-XL.jpg

IMG_7792-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

For her apps Patti had edamame and a green salad…..

IMG_7787-XL.jpg

IMG_7793-XL.jpg

For our mains, Patti had California rolls and I had the bang bang rolls and chicken and pork skewers (not shown)…..

IMG_7795-XL.jpg

IMG_7794-XL.jpg

For dessert we shared the Tempura green tea ice cream…..

IMG_7796-XL.jpg

While we were there, they did some sort of banner / windsock waving dance. We had never seen this before……

IMG_7799-XL.jpg

IMG_7804-XL.jpg

IMG_7805-XL.jpg

IMG_7811-XL.jpg

IMG_7812-XL.jpg

Here I am with Kay Zin. She took very good care of us today!

IMG_7813-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

After we ate we went across the way to the Alchemy Bar where Aleksander, Janko, and Goran are the mixologists…..

IMG_7816-XL.jpg

IMG_7817-XL.jpg

IMG_7843-XL.jpg

Here are the menus.....

IMG_7818-XL.jpg

IMG_7819-XL.jpg

Janko makes us a couple of raspberry martinis…..

IMG_7825-XL.jpg

IMG_7827-XL.jpg

IMG_7838-XL.jpg

IMG_7828-XL.jpg

Afterwards, Patti was tired and headed back to the cabin to read. As she passed the Ocean Plaza she took these pictures of the Vista Rock Band playing there…..

IMG_7845-XL.jpg

IMG_7847-XL.jpg

IMG_7849-XL.jpg

She went through the Havana Bar and got these pictures of Son Sabar playing there…..

IMG_7851-XL.jpg

IMG_7852-XL.jpg

After leaving Alchemy, I went to the Lobby Bar for a few drinks with Melissa, and then I finished my night off with a couple of drinks at the Havana Bar where I bumped into Beth and Mark. I liked finishing the night there as it’s only a few steps away from our cabin! Lol.

Today’s Cheers count: Patti = 8, Jeff = 13. For the day (+9), for the cruise (+26).

Coming up next: Our day in Aruba. One Happy Island!!!

• Like 17

I just stopped by for a Patti update and found a whole new section of review!  So happy to hear that she’s doing well.  She’ll be ready for that zip line in no time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Day # 10 - (April 23rd) – Oranjestad, Aruba - (1pm – 10pm). 

We were up at 6:30am to another beautiful warm and sunny day…..

IMG_7856-X2.jpg

The television says “Welcome to Aruba”, but we won’t be there until 1pm. The one negative thing about sailing from Port Canaveral to the ABC islands, is that you won’t reach your first island until early afternoon. We’re heading back to the ABC islands in April of 2026 on the Horizon leaving from Miami, even though Miami isn’t our favorite port to sail from. This will give us a full day at the first island. Here are today’s “Fun Times”…..

IMG_7854-XL.jpg

IMG_7855-XL.jpg

At 7:30am I made my way to the Ocean Plaza Bar to get my morning coffee from Setyo, and then back to the cabin to work on pictures.

We don’t have anything planned for today. Normally we would do an all-inclusive beach day at the Barcelo Aruba, but with having a Havana cabin and Cheers, that didn’t make any sense. We will get off the ship at some point and walk around the port area.

At 10am we went back to the Havana Area to hang out for a couple hours. It seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves.

At noon we could see that we were approaching Aruba so we went back to the cabin where I Gede had already left us today’s towel animal…..

IMG_7858-XL.jpg

Looking at the bow camera on the television, we could see that we are slowly approaching our pier…..

IMG_7860-X2.jpg

IMG_7862-X2.jpg

IMG_7864-X2.jpg

We decided to head up to the Lido Marketplace for lunch. What a mistake that was. It seems like the whole ship was up there getting something to eat before leaving the ship. The staff couldn’t keep up with the items they were running out of. We even had to wait for lettuce to make our salads! These were the plates we wound up with…..

IMG_7865-XL.jpg

IMG_7866-XL.jpg

Pizza del Capitano was cranking out the pizzas, but the line was crazy long…..

IMG_7895-XL.jpg

IMG_7896-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 13

The ship was docked at 12:15pm, and they began letting passengers off about a half hour later. We’re going to wait for the rush to subside. Walking out to the back of the ship we can see the Symphony OTS docked across the way…..

IMG_7870-XL.jpg

Patti looks down at the Havana Area. Looks like some other people aren’t leaving the ship today…..

IMG_7874-XL.jpg

IMG_7872-XL.jpg

IMG_7873-XL.jpg

Crowds of people are lining up for their shore excursions…..

IMG_7878-XL.jpg

IMG_7877-XL.jpg

IMG_7879-XL.jpg

IMG_7880-XL.jpg

IMG_7876-XL.jpg

IMG_7883-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

Here are some views of Oranjestad from Deck 11…..

IMG_7889-XL.jpg

IMG_7893-XL.jpg

IMG_7884-XL.jpg

IMG_7885-XL.jpg

IMG_7886-XL.jpg

IMG_7887-XL.jpg

IMG_7888-XL.jpg

IMG_7881-XL.jpg

We left the ship a little after 2pm. It is brutally hot outside…..

IMG_7898-XL.jpg

IMG_7899-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

Looking back at the Carnival Vista docked in Oranjestad, Aruba…..

IMG_7900-XL.jpg

We pass some vendor stalls as we make our way to the terminal gates…..

IMG_7901-XL.jpg

IMG_7902-XL.jpg

We are now out on the streets. We had thought about riding the free trolley, but it was just too hot to sit on the upper level to take pictures…..

IMG_7905-XL.jpg

We decide to just walk into the town…..

IMG_7906-XL.jpg

IMG_7908-XL.jpg

IMG_7909-XL.jpg

IMG_7910-XL.jpg

IMG_7911-XL.jpg

IMG_7913-XL.jpg

IMG_7914-XL.jpg

IMG_7912-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 15