Baltimore Cruise Port

Does anybody know when they are re-opening the port for the Pride?  I wanted to book a NYE cruise from there but if they will still be in Virginia I won't book since it's a much longer drive.

The fifth construction worker's body was recovered yesterday. There is still one more to be found.

The ship is expected to be removed next week. The temporary deep water channel will close to facilitate that.

The target for opening the channel is the end of the month. Opening the channel does not mean cruises will restart immediately. When Carnival will resume cruises is an open question.

I have a cruise from Baltimore scheduled for August. I assume it will be open by then.

• Like 3

Until the Unified Command moves out of the Baltimore Cruise terminal, there will be no cruises.  I assume that once the channel is open (but will still be clean-up), the local authorities will take over the rest of the remaining clean-up.  Then the cruise may be opened.

Norfolk has said once construction on the terminal is scheduled to begin in June, they will no longer be able to accommodate the rerouted Baltimore cruises.  So I wouldn't count on it being from Norfolk.

• Like 2