2025 being a Jubilee Year

klfrodo

For those who live or frequently visit Rome. How is tourism going to be affected by 2025 being a Jubilee year?

We are cruising in 2025. Our post cruise plans currently have us spending an additional 4 to 6 days in Rome. (Early September timeframe)

Can I expect that with the additional number of people of the Catholic faith making the pilgrimage to Rome and The Vatican be of concern when arranging tours and hotel stays?

I don't think so, Rome is quite large with so many hotels, I'm not sure you could tell the difference.  For the past two years it has been crowded, pretty much all the time.  In late November last year the "in" restaurants all required reservations for lunch and dinner, in our case made by my travel partner weeks in advance.

The Vatican museums are a zoo every single day of the year that they are open,and have been for years.  If it's important to you, and within your budget, I highly recommend one of the before or after hours tours.  Having done that it's now hard for me to contemplate going during normal hours.