Open seating first night?

espmass

I have early traditional seating on my 4/1 Golden cruise. Do they use open seating the first night like some other cruise lines or do they seat you at your assigned table? I was only on Princess one other time and can't remember. Thanks.

i also agree with the above posters in that on the first night when I have had traditional dining we always were led to our assigned table. Just bring your sign and sail card. The waiters will direct you to your table.

Marilyn

There may be cruises that leave late in the day and have open seating for dinner. However, all the cruise we have been on the first night is assigned tables in the main dining room. Even when the ship has left at 5 PM. But then all aboard was at 4PM.

Yes, the first night is usually open seating.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would have to agree with sunprincess. The Golden sailing from San Juan at 11PM there is an 8PM muster drill. Princess leaves the open seating on the first night so passengers can arrange their dining times around the muster drill as everything on the ship closes down for that 30 minutes.

There was open seating the first night on the Tahitian and we were docked overnight in Papeete. It may be because so many went ashore to eat - the dining was less than half filled when we ate. The next night, it was business as usual. I think it varies from ship to ship, but I've never had anything but open seating the first night and the last cruise was just last year.

Charlie

Archived