Voyager Istanbul Embarkation 8 May 2024 Delayed

We don't do buffets.  On Voyager, we usually have breakfast in our cabin, and lunch in CR or at the Pool Grill, which has a limited but perfectly delicious light lunch menu.  I, too, find many of. the portions served at the restaurants to be too large, but I want to taste things just the same, so I request half portions or small portions of things like desserts or starchy side dishes.  At Prime 7, I always order the small filet mignon, and rarely manage to finish it.  The staff is happy to accommodate requests for smaller portions of dishes, in my experience.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 2:50 PM, redraider1966 said:

For you Regentphiles who dredged up from the archives examples of reports of outbreaks on Oceania's fleet, I noted that those were from 8 or more years ago.  Yes, I will concede that there are incidents from time to time in more recent years, but I would still opt for being served in a buffet line by friendly, attentive, and gloved servers.  I also note that on another thread on this board that a poster contrasted the crowded scene at the dessert counter on Oceania's Vista with a Regent ship.  Having recently completed a second sailing on Vista (our 18th overall on Oceania), I question that characterization and would also point out that Vista has 1250 pax, so almost twice the capacity.

Yup, I'm the accused "Regentfile" pointing out that Oceania has no fewer outbreaks than other cruise lines. I spent nearly 30 days over the past few months on Oceania Vista. I like both Regent and Oceania and will be on Oceania Marina for a three week plus cruise soon and have three future cruises booked on RSSC Splendor. The crowding in the buffet is a disadvantage of O which I am sorry they did not make efforts to correct when they designed Allura class.