Has anyone taken a taxi from Venice to Chioggia?

Murt22

I have read all the postings of the Venice -Chioggia situation and am trying to figure out the best way to get back from Venice if you want to stay longer (with or without staying all night). Are there taxi's that are relatively reasonable and available? I see that you can book private cars, but that is expensive, and the bus is available, but not sure it runs as late as we might want to stay. We may possibly go both ways if it wasn't cost prohibitive. As of now, we have Venice on Your Own for Saturday - plan to do Murano/Burano if available on Sunday (can't book now) and do Secrets of Doge's Palace on Monday. We will have to book our own St. Mark's tickets for Saturday and would like to do more if possible on Saturday. We may skip the Sunday trip if we decide to stay all night. Any current information would be appreciated. (we are on the Mediterranean and Adriatic Sojourn - Athens to Barcelona and will be in Venice on September 7-9).

Have you looked into ride share? Try the Rome2Rio website as they will list many options. I assume if you're considering staying the night you would have some sort of luggage or a larger bag with you? Keep that in mind as well. You may have to check a larger backpack at St. Mark's (I know you do at the Doge's Palace).