Eurodam Main Dining Time

In the past our reservations listed dining time as "Main Early" or "Main Late".  Our upcoming cruise only lists "Main".  Can anyone tell me what time this is?  Thanks

Allow me to over-explain.

Early is fixed, upper dining. Main is late, upper dining. Upper refers to the upper dining room. That's deck 3 on most ships, or 5 on the Volendam and Zaandam.  You report to your assigned table at your assigned time.

Open seating is one deck below. It's the same menu, but you report to the host stand any time during dinner hours and are seated when a table in your preferred size is available.

Occasionally, fixed seating people might wind up in the lower dining room, or vice versa, depending on capacity needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, POA1 said:

Allow me to over-explain.

Early is fixed, upper dining. Main is late, upper dining. Upper refers to the upper dining room. That's deck 3 on most ships, or 5 on the Volendam and Zaandam.  You report to your assigned table at your assigned time.

Open seating is one deck below. It's the same menu, but you report to the host stand any time during dinner hours and are seated when a table in your preferred size is available.

Occasionally, fixed seating people might wind up in the lower dining room, or vice versa, depending on capacity needs.

OK, sounds like what we were used to but with a new name!  We always had "Late Upper" as our designation for as far back as I remember.  Have not sailed on HAL for a while. Post Covid we have been pretty much only on Princess.  It's definitely time to return to HAL! 

1 minute ago, Murray's Pop said:

OK, sounds like what we were used to but with a new name!  We always had "Late Upper" as our designation for as far back as I remember.  Have not sailed on HAL for a while. Post Covid we have been pretty much only on Princess.  It's definitely time to return to HAL! 

It's the same. I have old paperwork and it's been called main upper for a long time. I've always called it late fixed, but the paperwork says main.

There used to be early lower, early upper, main lower, and main upper. Essentially 4 staggered times. We've always had main upper - which I will stubbornly refer to as late fixed. Probably until I die. 👴👵

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1