Disembark Riviera in Trieste

Can someone advise me on Disembark timing from riviera in Trieste 

specifically is an 1 1/2 hour connection time from posted 8am  disembark to  departing train. Enough time 

how long does it take is it done by cabin class ? Can I request an earlier time total greenhorn here

A few days prior to disembarkation, you will receive a form to complete on requested disembarkation time, etc,  You complete and return form and the last day of the cruise, a packet with your disembarkation information and bags tags included,  One option is to keep your luggage with you and be responsible for disembarking with your luggage in the first group.  Disembarkation is then done by calling out colored bag tags (which coincide with a specific timeframe).  In theory this works but in reality people ignore their bag colors and show up/line up to disembark when they want which can cause long lines.  They ask that you vacate your cabin no later than 8AM so the cabin stewards can prepare the room for the embarking people.  

I'm guessing you might be looking at catching the 9:15 non stop train from Trieste to Venice.  We are not going to roll the dice so we will take our time disembarking and then check our bags in a locker at the train station (or use one of the luggage storage services offered in Trieste)  Catching the 1:30 direct train. Lots of extra time so we don't have to stress/rush combined with getting in to Venice mid afternoon and we can check in to our hotel right away.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

@Barsoap I was in Venice last week for two days with my daughter.  We took the Train from Rome to Venice.  When I read your post I was not sure if you were taking the train from the Trieste Cruise Terminal to Venice or to another location.  Another post above suggested you might be taking the Train to Venice.  Please Clarify.

On to Venice.  When I did was two things.  First, I used "My Google Maps" to create a map of Venice.  I then added in the Train Station in Venice which we arrived in.  I went back to my map and added in Trieste Cruise Port.  The port is a long distance from Venice.  You can hire a car (Expensive unless you share a van with others), the Bus (In expensive and only about 2 hours) or the train which you know about.  If you do the Train, You might be cutting it close.  Make sure you get a FLEX far so you can change trains at no cost.  Word of advice, ONLY book the train with the actual train company.  Don't use Ninja Train or High Speed Train.  They are a rip off.  

When you get to Venice, you will be at the train station where I was just at.  Do yourself a favor and take the Private Water Taxi which was $60.00 the Ferry is super crowned and you will wait for ever.  

If you have any other question I can answer, please let me know.  I loved Venice a lot. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@Barsoap I was in Venice last week for two days with my daughter.  We took the Train from Rome to Venice.  When I read your post I was not sure if you were taking the train from the Trieste       Another post above suggested you might be taking the Train to Venice.  Please Clarify.

Thanks for the info Basor  thanks all.

sthrngary.. train from Trieste to Milan @9.39 ,

basor above gave me the run down on the disembark particulars  but I’m still wondering about the overall time it will take and if  the 1-1/2 hrs  Is enough to make the transfer . Yes there are later trains  but none direct  all with longer travel times  cutting deeply into a day in Milan 

6 minutes ago, Barsoap said:

Thanks for the info Basor  thanks all.

sthrngary.. train from Trieste to Milan @9.39 ,

basor above gave me the run down on the disembark particulars  but I’m still wondering about the overall time it will take and if  the 1-1/2 hrs  Is enough to make the transfer . Yes there are later trains  but none direct  all with longer travel times  cutting deeply into a day in Milan 

Based on my limited experience, using the early departure request, you should be close but fine.  Worst case is you take another train not direct.  The point is, you are close enough, getting on trains are simpler then the airport and your terminal is close to the cruise port.  Milan will be lovely.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

We took the train from Venice to Trieste on 10/30/23. On time, on schedule. Just hopped on the train in the station (no checks at all) with our luggage and she left on time. The taxis were right at the train station and the dock isn't too far away. So was easy to get to Riviera. And was a no fuss embarkation. Of course, you're doing the reverse. But the distances are pretty short. Just sign up to get off at the earliest you can. Get down to the waiting area in advance, where they'll have you exit. Be the first in line to get off. Or as close as you can.

As you know, if you're nervous, you can just take the later train. Might not be direct but you'll get there.