Just back-Coral Princess Disabled child (7)

kylkat

We returned yesterday after a 10 night Panama Canal Cruise. We had 2 children with us 10 and 7. Our 7 year old has CP and uses a wheel chair. He does play independently and is verbal (not perfect). He needs assistance to get in and out of his chair but can get around on his knees on the ground. I cannot say enough AMAZING things about the way Robbie was treated by both crew and passengers! The kids program was fantastic. He was included in all aspects. We received a beeper and if he wanted to use the toilet (he is partially toilet trained) or needed to be changed they would call. We would call them and then make our way there. If there was an activity that included food I would just arrive at the restaurant at the appropriate time, assist him and then leave.

The staff was great at including him and the kids lined up to push him through the halls. It was amazing we ran our day around the kids program as the kids could not wait to get there the minute they opened.

I applaud Princess and the way they included Robbie! He was one of the gang. We will definitely do this again.

What a wonderful experience! We're sailing on RCI Enchantment of the Seas in November with 2 children - my 15 year old son and my 11-year old daughter who like your son has CP, uses a wheelchair and is timed trained. Eliza is VERY verbal and I hope that we have as great a time as your family! Any specific suggestions re shipboard, excursions etc you can pass along?

THanks,

Carla

Archived