Arrival Time at the Port

While I was in chat about some other issues, I asked about the allotted arrival time.  My previous Seattle cruise in Sept 2022 we showed up about 2 hours earlier and had no problem.  Coming out of Covid I think they just wanted us to move on and not hang around.  We were still having to mask up in the terminal building.

The chat agent told me, correct that was the case back then but now they are trying to get passengers to stick to the allotted time.  She did say I could show up early and ask and they can see if they can accommodate, but to be prepared to go into holding until our time.

Much depends on the port. I have no experience with Seattle, but our last cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, the time we arrived did not matter. We were scheduled for 1pm, but we actually arrived about 11:30 am, and went right aboard with no problems.

That might not be correct everywhere, so try the section on ports and ask there, or maybe someone with local knowledge can comment.

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

While I was in chat about some other issues, I asked about the allotted arrival time.  My previous Seattle cruise in Sept 2022 we showed up about 2 hours earlier and had no problem.  Coming out of Covid I think they just wanted us to move on and not hang around.  We were still having to mask up in the terminal building.

The chat agent told me, correct that was the case back then but now they are trying to get passengers to stick to the allotted time.  She did say I could show up early and ask and they can see if they can accommodate, but to be prepared to go into holding until our time.

X asks you to stick to the times.

Some ports enforce the times some don't - remember port staff are not X's employees.

If you decide to turn up early just accept that you might be asked to wait - it's your choice.