Another AMEX Platinum card offer on Oceania

7 hours ago, the mice said:

@Sthrngary  Glad to be of help. I've read your posts and have found them helpful.

Good luck with getting Delta One Business award seats.  Personally, I have found Delta's award redemptions to be outrageous.  You might want to look at all your options for award flights before you go with Delta.  You might try posting on the  Cruise Air forum with flight itinerary details to get some advice.  Some savvy flyers there.  

@the mice Thank you for your advice.  I am a 5 million Miler on Delta lifetime which gives my a lifetime Diamond Status.  In a nutshell, I have four Global Upgrades as a gift from Delta every year.  I just used the four upgrades to go to Europe with my Adult Daughter last month.  I have four more upgrades for my next year cruise with my wife. If you use your Delta Points to gain a Coach Premium seat, you can still use your upgrades for Delta One Business Class.  That is the strategy.  I combine my Delta Miles and my American Express Points to get exactly the amount I need. If not for my status and benefits with Delta, I would not approach the air travel that way.  

A side note.  I always wanted to take Air France Business Class in their new Air France cabin.  I had the opportunity to do so with my daughter coming from Paris to Atlanta.  I asked my daughter her thoughts and here is what she said.  "If I had not traveled for my first Business Class Flight in the new Delta Suites, I would have said Air France Business class is great.  After Delta, Air France does not compare."  I unfortunately agree with her.  Might have been an off day for the crew of Air France.  Lesson learned. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Sthrngary  Well, that makes sense now.  I have no FF status with any airline since I did not travel for work.  So when we were younger, we flew economy on miles.  Then, once I learned how to earn a lot more, we started flying business class.  But not as easy as it used to be IMHO.  So, good for you and I hope you find the flights you need. 

Happy (and safe) travels!

• Thanks 1