Marghera/Venice Departure - where should I head to?

alienomad

Hi fellow cruisers!

For the life of me I can't find this information anywhere.  I'm departing on Costa Deliziosa from Marghera/Venice on October 12th and with cruises no longer departing departing directly Venice, I'm a little confused as to where I'm actually going for embarkation.  Can someone shed some light on this?  Much appreciated!

Hi 

I took a cruise on Costa Deliziosa from Venice Marghera last year , and it was lovely !

Check in took place at the original Venice city centre  Marittima cruise terminal. Obviously the big ships are no longer permitted to dock there, but all passengers still had to check in and drop baggage there . Costa then provided a complimentary ferry boat to transfer passengers directly to the ship. It was all very well organised and a rather unique way to start the cruise and board the ship ! 

Interestingly  upon disembarkation we were taken by coach back to the same downtown cruise terminal. 

Probably worth calling or emailing Costa to check that procedures are the same this year. I imagine they will be, as there were no passenger handling facilities in Marghera , at least when we were there.

Hope you have a great cruise ! As I write this I see Costa Deliziosa is approaching the Straits of Gibraltar, returning to her home in Europe after her round the world cruise!

Thank you so much for providing your experience, really really helpful when Costa isn't exactly very good with distributing information! Very excited and hopefully no flooding this year in Venice but that in itself might be an interesting adventure nonetheless.  Cheers!

Last time we also went to old cruise port and were taken on a coach to the ship and about from the ship to the terminal at the end of the cruise