LIVE from Jewel May 15, 2024 - 27 nights

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The midnight sun is a natural phenomenon that occurs in Tromsø, Norway, from the end of May to the end of July. During this time, the sun doesn't set above the Arctic Circle, and days can last up to 1,600 hours

https://www.visitnorway.com/things-to-do/nature-attractions/midnight-sun/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsPCyBhD4ARIsAPaaRf2Ht69cBzNzKA4z3g1Qljo22FpgXkmrt99MwUN4vDpNy7iKCbtKuRoaAlfUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I lived in tbe Arctic for nearly two years in the 80s.   

Summer was great.  Nothing like drinking in a dark bar for several hours then walking outside at 2am into blinding sunlight. One could work for a while and before you knew it,  it was 7pm.   Time to go home.  

Winters on the other hand were tough.  Checking ones watch after what felt like hours only discover only 15 minutes had passed since you last checked the time.  The workday went on and on forever.   By 2pm with little work complete I was done for the day.   

Lots of Northern lights.   No digital cameras back then and I frequently had the wrong ISO film in my camera to capture them.   If only I had my current camera gear back then.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 8

Starlink working great considering where we are.  

IMG_6425.thumb.png.b654245836a92a15b7f39d73306b70b9.png

The additional latency suggests we are relaying through a couple of satellites to reach our gateway city which remains Berlin.  

• Like 3