Solo cruisers on Saga

suron

For anyone over 50 and travelling solo why not consider Saga.  First impressions might make one think their prices are high but there are factors to take into account.  All cabins have a balcony which with other cruise lines would prove costly.  Saga provide chauffeur driven cars from home to the port and return which for me from Bristol to Dover would be around  £500. With Saga tips are included as are WiFi, insurance and the drinks package. On all cruises there are included free excursions and the optional ones are reasonably priced.  Speciality restaurants are free whereas some cruise lines charge extra for these. Solo gatherings are held each evening and people can link up for dinner and the shows if they wish to do so.  If you add all the extras with other cruise lines on to the basic cruise cost Saga are a good option.  I will be on a Saga cruise to Norway in June and know I will be well cared for having  travelled to Iceland with them last year.

All of these things sound wonderful. But not everyone can spend $5000 or more for their cruise, or requires or wants a private car to the departure port. I'd love that, but that same money gets me 4 or more hotel nights or a number or cruise tours. This is why there are different cruise lines because different people can afford different prices. It's the same reason there are inside cabins and suites 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambamama said:

All of these things sound wonderful. But not everyone can spend $5000 or more for their cruise, or requires or wants a private car to the departure port. I'd love that, but that same money gets me 4 or more hotel nights or a number or cruise tours. This is why there are different cruise lines because different people can afford different prices. It's the same reason there are inside cabins and suites 

I fully appreciate that for anyone travelling from outside the UK it could prove expensive to sail with Saga but I think in the main their passengers are from the UK and when compared with other cruise lines they offer good value.  I have sailed with many of the larger cruise lines (Princess, MSC, Royal Caribbean, Cunard etc) and some of their extras add a considerable amount to the cost.  I prefer to sail from the UK as I no longer like the hassle of airports and I am quite happy to confine my cruises to Europe having travelled and  cruised extensively in America and Canada.  Also travel insurance for me at 80 years old is far too expensive outside of Europe and this is included with Saga! For me to sail with any other  cruise line it would have to be a very good deal.  I hope you continue to enjoy your cruising wherever it takes you and with whom.