Vegan on Norwegian Joy

We're looking at booking a cruise on the Norwegian Joy and one person won't eat anything not vegan. Can anyone tell me what the options are for vegan eaters? Thanks

Here's the thing. When you eventually get to the accessibility and medical questionnaire, you will see the following disclaimer: 

• We cannot accommodate halal, organic or vegan menus or meal requests.

In practice, I have found them to be accomodating as much as they can. You can do it by meeting with the access desk in advance for some options. Or meet with the Maitre d' in advance. Or you can do what I do which I call going commando. I take the menu and see what I can make work. 

There is always something! 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:29 PM, valleyvillage said:

We cannot accommodate halal, organic or vegan menus or meal requests.

I'm glad to see that. I think it's wise for NCL to let vegans know upfront that they cannot be accommodated. That isn't to say that vegans can't find anything suitable; they can. But imagine the situation if NCL hadn't said it couldn't accommodate such requests. Vegans would be angry that they weren't told this beforehand. Now they have been told, upfront. My wife is vegetarian (not vegan) and she always finds plenty to eat, much of which is also suitable for vegans. Just don't go expecting they'll always have vegan cheese, vegan meat, no dairy products, honey, or any other animal-derived product. NCL is called a mass-market line for a reason. Most cruisers aren't vegan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weisla said:

Try this thread

Both of which come up in the pre-filled search I posted 3 days ago but the OP hasn't returned to advise...

On 5/18/2024 at 5:58 PM, autumncat said:

We're looking at booking a cruise on the Norwegian Joy and one person won't eat anything not vegan. Can anyone tell me what the options are for vegan eaters? Thanks

NCL offers many options for picky eaters.  If you have specific dietary needs see the FAQ on the NCL page.  They address it there.