Vancouver to Whittier May 2024

kelliebiz

I’m about to start my second solo cruise with Holland America, departing from Vancouver BC and then ending at Denali National Park for just two days. Got a great deal and just couldn’t pass it up, so here we go. I got off to a rough start today after taking a cab to my hotel, then discovering that I left my cardholder with drivers license and a couple other cards on his back seat! I didn’t notice till the hotel clerk asked me for my ID and there was nothing in my pocket yikes. Thankfully I had my passport so I could still check in, and I had one credit card plus some cash, so I could still pay.  The clerk told me I could call the company since I had the receipt, but then she saw that I was getting a bit frantic looking for my cards so she went ahead and called them for me. I didn’t ask her to but it was kindness for sure since I was started to get a bit frazzled.

The driver brought my cards by about two hours later thank goodness. Here’s hoping this is my only hiccup on this journey! After I got that all buttoned up I had some fish tacos and a pint and all was right with the world. Lesson learned: take an extra minute to check your pockets to make sure you have everything before you exit a taxi, bus, shuttle, train, canoe, whatever. And make sure you know the name of the transport service you’re using so you can call them if need be! I myself don’t always notice, what shuttle bus am I on if I need to look for it later. 

IMG_8519.jpeg

Put your card holder in a fanny pack or a hanging thing from now on. I am notoriously absent minded and leave things everywhere! I won't embarrass myself by telling stories of things I've left behind! 

I'm taking that same cruise next year the end of May except I'm doing a 20 land tour shortly afterward. Hope you have a great time!!

• Like 1