Pet Sitting Apps with Carnival Social Wifi Plan?

Hi,

Our DD is leaving her furbabies home alone during our cruise.  She is the using a pet sitting app and is wondering if any of you have had success using those apps with the Carnival Social Wifi plan?  Her sitter doesn't have an iPhone so she won't be able to receive texts.  We thought about upgrading her Wifi so she can check her email but the email will send her to check the app.  I know I've had issues opening some apps, even with the value plan.

Does anyone have experience with this?  

Thanks so much!

I don’t know what a “DD” is but I have stopped wasting my money on the lower tiered plans because half the time you can’t get anything to load. I buy the Premium plan only and that’s what I would recommend to purchase. 

• Like 1

The only apps that work on the social plan are what is listed on carnivals site. Facebook, Facebook messneger, WhatsApp, etc. 

I use the Rover app with the Value plan on every cruise and it works perfectly.  I don't think the Social plan will work because Carnival states that it doesn't work with apps other than what's listed in the description.

Hello!

Thank you so much fot the responses.  

sunshower9... This is EXACTLY the information I was looking for!!!  This is the app she's using so she will be very happy to hear you've had some success.  We will upgrade her plan and she will be very happy.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  

DD means Daughter!  LOL!!!  She was going to see if this new sitter would message through Social Media but so far, all of their contact has been through the app.

We've had various experiences with the Carnival WiFi.  I always get the Value plan but our kids always get the Social Plan and our mileage really varies.  Sometimes I can't open many apps but sometimes, they can open all kinds of things.  On our last cruise, our son streamed an NFL Football Play-off game on the Social Plan.  You just never know.  

Thanks again for all of your help.  I knew I could count on my friends here!  🙂

19 hours ago, Are.we.there.yet? said:

Hello!

Thank you so much fot the responses.  

sunshower9... This is EXACTLY the information I was looking for!!!  This is the app she's using so she will be very happy to hear you've had some success.  We will upgrade her plan and she will be very happy.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  

DD means Daughter!  LOL!!!  She was going to see if this new sitter would message through Social Media but so far, all of their contact has been through the app.

We've had various experiences with the Carnival WiFi.  I always get the Value plan but our kids always get the Social Plan and our mileage really varies.  Sometimes I can't open many apps but sometimes, they can open all kinds of things.  On our last cruise, our son streamed an NFL Football Play-off game on the Social Plan.  You just never know.  

Thanks again for all of your help.  I knew I could count on my friends here!  🙂

You're very welcome! 🙂 

• Like 1