Voyager Concierge power outlets

We have been on the Mariner and that has at least power outlets next to the bed on each side. Although not USB, at least they could be used with appropriate adapters to charge phones and watches overnight.

We are now booked on the Voyager and the old YouTube videos I found do not show any outlets next to the bed. Is that true? No USB outlets either? In 2024...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hapzfl said:

We have been on the Mariner and that has at least power outlets next to the bed on each side. Although not USB, at least they could be used with appropriate adapters to charge phones and watches overnight.

We are now booked on the Voyager and the old YouTube videos I found do not show any outlets next to the bed. Is that true? No USB outlets either? In 2024...

It may be 2024... but the Voyager entered service in 2003...21 years ago.  And there's no way that Regent would be spending the money and time to rewire every suite on the ship to meet 2024 "needs".  Particularly when small adapters are made and can be bought/brought along by passengers to meet their individual "electrical needs" today.

There are 3-pong European (220 Volt) outlets on each side of the bed

Edited by pingpong1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

It may be 2024... but the Voyager entered service in 2003...21 years ago.  And there's no way that Regent would be spending the money and time to rewire every suite on the ship to meet 2024 "needs".  Particularly when small adapters are made and can be bought/brought along by passengers to meet their individual "electrical needs" today.

There are 3-pong European (220 Volt) outlets on each side of the bed

I understand that the ship is 21 years old, but it could have been refurbished by now. Other "non-luxury" cruise lines have done that and much more. Bu that is a different story.

In any case, I have been using these "small adapters" many times. My issue was whether there are outlets next to the bed so I can use these small adapters.😊

Mariner has these outlets, but the Voyager videos do not show them, neither the one on Regent nor the ones on YouTube. Not having these would make things a lot more inconvenient, and that was/is my main concern.

We all know that a simple clock these days have USB ports on them.  Throw one of those into each room and call it a day.    I’m aware that they got rid of the clocks on grandeur, so no need to bring that up.  This is a suggestion for the outdated ships!   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

We all know that a simple clock these days have USB ports on them.  Throw one of those into each room and call it a day.    I’m aware that they got rid of the clocks on grandeur, so no need to bring that up.  This is a suggestion for the outdated ships!   

Lamps including bedside lamps have USB ports on other ships. No drydocks required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hapzfl said:

Lamps including bedside lamps have USB ports on other ships. No drydocks required.

I don’t believe that is true on some of the older ships.