Lovely Experience with Bernard's Tour

I had booked my group of friends and family with Bernard's Tour for our NCL Getaway April 19-29, 2024 cruise in St. Maarten.  Booking the tour was an easy process online and a deposit is required in case the company gets stood up ( which in my case DID happen with several people from our ship who did not get off the ship in time). We had waited 25 minutes for them to exit the ship and our start time was scheduled in 15 minutes so we had to leave for our designated pick-up spot.  The company did call them on their cell phones but they did not answer as they were probably not expecting that. Ages on our bus included Seniors in their 70's to 8 years of age.

It is a bit of a walk to find the tour/pick-up area for them, however they do give you instructions at booking.  It is a little confusing.  Thankfully we arrived on time at the tour designated area and found our tour guide with our bus ready for us. After paying our balance, we were on our way. 

Since the NCL Getaway came in at 12:30 PM and 2 other cruise ships were also in Port before us~ our itinerary had to be modified for our late arrival and traffic. Bernard's made a tour available just for our cruise ship. We did get to every place just in a different order.  We started on the Dutch side and went to Maho Beach to see the planes land and take-off.  The Beach was MOBBED with tourists but we got to see several planes land and one take-off.  Nevertheless it was a thrill. After more sights we headed to the French side (no passports needed). 

Our Tour Guide was Ken and he was extremely generous with information about the island and getting us to each destination of the tour. We were also given delicious Rum Punch, Soft drinks, Beer, or bottled Water throughout our adventure.  This made the ride even better!  Our favorite stop was on Grand Case Beach at Frenchy's.  We played on the beach, the water was refreshing and beautiful, and the restaurant had great appetizers and beverages to purchase reasonably.  The service was outstanding and the comfortable sofa's and chairs really were wonderful.  

I definitely would recommend Bernard's Tours if you want to experience more than one beach and see both sides of the island.  Ken got us back to the ship in plenty of time so we did not have to rush back.  This is NOT my first time using Bernard's Tours.  I have done several of them and they NEVER disappoint!  It was so worth the private transportation, extra care, extra attention, that Bernard's Tours give.  Ken was OUTSTANDING and everyone enjoyed his jokes and commentary along the routes. The ship tours can't give you this much service.

Thank you again Bernard's Tours and KEN!!