Problem obtaining RCL Shareholder Benefits for Silversea cruise

Stereojeff

Posted (edited)

I quick search for RCL Shareholder benefits leads one to https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/. By following the on-line instructions I was able to place my request. Unfortunately, we got the "canned" response below:

Dear Shareholder,

Thank you for contacting our Shareholder Benefit office.  As a valued Shareholder and Guest, you are very important to us.  On behalf of our company, it is our pleasure to respond to your correspondence.

Unfortunately, we were not able to apply the Shareholder Benefit request due to:

We received your Shareholder Benefit request, but it did not include the Reservation ID. Please resubmit your Shareholder Benefit request.

Once again, thank you for contacting us and hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

Regards,

Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean International

After much back and forth and yeoman work from our TA, we finally persuaded Silversea that the "Reservation ID" doesn't actually exist. What they need to give one the credit is the "Booking Number."

If you encounter the same issue, the resolutiondesk@silversea.com finally resolved the issue and we got our credit.

It took three attempts.

Jeff

Edited by Stereojeff
fixed a typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used the booking number and

saw that my benefit was added to the booking in three days. Much easier to do online than it used to be.  Just remember to redact or block out your brokerage account number and other investments listed on your brokerage account statement when you attach it to the submission. All they  need is to see your name and address, the RCG position and the brokerage statement letterhead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I also completed the online request form for the shareholder credit.  My TA contacted SS and they told him that the OBC is on my booking, however I do not see it listed on mysilversea booking.  Can you tell me where to look to see it?

Thank you so much!

Jeanine

On 5/24/2024 at 5:43 AM, dawntrdr said:

All they need is to see your name and address, the RCG position and the brokerage statement letterhead.

Address is not necessary (my brokerage statement doesn't show it on the position page), but the statement date is.

3 hours ago, JPS2 said:

Hello,

I also completed the online request form for the shareholder credit.  My TA contacted SS and they told him that the OBC is on my booking, however I do not see it listed on mysilversea booking.  Can you tell me where to look to see it?

Thank you so much!

Jeanine

Correct I contacted Silversea and they said similar. You can’t see it anywhere but in their system it shows the xxx USD. They sent me some system screenshot so I guess that is then true. 

• Like 1