[Live]CruiseBOT: Celebration Carribean 5/26/24-6/2/24

8 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Love&Marriage was “meh”.

Time for siesta..gotta wake up at 6:45am so I can get breakfast before heading out to HomeSweetHome excursion at 9. (Maaan; I wake up at 6am to fight a 150-minute commute…waking up at 6:45 is for the birds!)

Good morning! Looking forward to photos of your excursion today.

• Like 1

Good morning from Grand Turk!

Today is a overcast day; rain is expected from 12-2.

Eating breakfast in the Festivale MDR; ordered the same breakfast as yesterday, sans the Brunch Potatoes (they didn’t have them today)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Damnit! I just realized they put cheese on this! I don’t need that extra fat and dairy 😞
EDIT: I guess it’s mostly my fault; I forgot to say NO CHEESE.

Edited by KarmaCruisers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Damnit! I just realized they put cheese on this! I don’t need that extra fat and dairy 😞
EDIT: I guess it’s mostly my fault; I forgot to say NO CHEESE.

It’s a minefield isn’t it? I’m allergic to folic acid so that leaves out almost all bread, pasta and most desserts  on any cruise. Our last trip was on MSC and the chef made me a gluten free pizza. I appreciated that.the only good thing about an allergy like mine is I didn’t  gain weight on the last cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

It’s a minefield isn’t it? I’m allergic to folic acid so that leaves out almost all bread, pasta and most desserts  on any cruise. Our last trip was on MSC and the chef made me a gluten free pizza. I appreciated that.the only good thing about an allergy like mine is I didn’t  gain weight on the last cruise.

I’m not allergic to anything, thank God. However I’m also not trying to lose “easy” calories to food I absolute don’t need/love.

It honestly was my mistake; I’m a little scatterbrained today (I realized this morning I didn’t pack my beach bag last night, so I was scrambling to do it this morning)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Had a nice chat with the family next to me in the MDR; they had never been to any of these ports so I gave them the inside tips on what to do on them.

On another note; no disrespect and this is just my opinion..but the amount of childhood obesity Im seeing on this cruise is absolutely ASTONISHING!

seriously; it’s freakin child abuse!

As a child I actually was quite healthy (I’m an 80’s kid we never were inside! Haha) but as an adult who had to feed myself, I got lazy and chose soda and fast food. 
My point is, an unhealthy relationship with nutrition is a BAD thing to setup a child with.

and not to sound mean; but this ties back into my thoughts yesterday at Fresh Creations…I’m obviously a fat guy (But I’m trying to change!) but the people in that line with me, looked like this is the first “salad” they ever had.

/soapbox off

Edited by KarmaCruisers
  • Like 8

23 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

So the second $2000 wash went better than the first (I had a $800 bonus) but still felt short of the math; at $1701.

Out of $4000 coin-in I’ve got a return of $3256 (EV is $3600)

however if these machines are set to a lower payback than normal (I’d almost say they are) then EV shrinks to only $3400) so I guess if I just figure them at 85% EV, then I’m doing OK.

Based on our play, I'd say that yes the machines are a bit tighter than what we normally see on other Carnival ships

• Like 1

You know what’s odd..the amount of people (with what I call “prison”) tattoos..literally like old ass faded black ink that’s illegible; that looks like it was done with a hot sewing needle and a ballpoint pen.

Now, I can appreciate good body art, believe me..but like I said, these looks like something you’d get in prison (or maybe a WW2 vet)

• Haha 5

Check and see if the Grab n Go case at Java Blue is working. They stock it with salads and fruit. Unfortunately, it was out of order when I was on her in March. We used it quite a bit when we were on the Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How is the 11th floor hallway and your cabin AC holding up?

We just got off Sunday as you were getting ready to board. We were on 17 in a Forward Spa Balcony and noticed the hall and elevator lobby was so hot that condensation was building up and dripping off the ceiling. It was like that on several of the decks in the front but we didn’t use the mid ship elevators much so didn’t see if there were any similar conditions there.

Our cabin AC worked for the most part but at night I had to sleep with just the sheet as I like to sleep in a cooler room that what the cabin ever got down to. 

I'm not sure if this is always like that on the Excel ships in the front or if there is a maintenance issue? We have a cruise on Jubilee coming up next year and I'm rethinking our cabin location.

IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg

IMG_7630.jpeg

IMG_7756.jpeg

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

Been to Grand Turk many, many times and never did this excursion!  Looks great.

I would 1000% recommend this again!

MAYBE we got super lucky that there are only two ships in port today (us and the Freedom; and it came in at 11) but HomeSweetHome was GREAT! Only had about 40 people total there (I don’t see how they can actually have more than MAYBE 60; because there’s just not that many loungers on the beach)

it’s TOTALLY private and relaxed.

I snapped a photo of the area where Jack’s Shack is, for comparison.

Grand Turk may be my new favorite port (trumping St Thomas; for Honeymoon Beach)

The only negative for HomeSweetHome is it’s $100 a person..but they did have good WiFi, a great lunch and included beer, island drinks, and soda’s.

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_6988.jpeg

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, 4_THE_HALIBUT said:

Check and see if the Grab n Go case at Java Blue is working. They stock it with salads and fruit. Unfortunately, it was out of order when I was on her in March. We used it quite a bit when we were on the Mardi Gras.

Thanks for the tip! I actually didn’t even think about that! (Last time on her; it was clutch to pickup Gatorade’s)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

How is the 11th floor hallway and your cabin AC holding up?

We just got off Sunday as you were getting ready to board. We were on 17 in a Forward Spa Balcony and noticed the hall and elevator lobby was so hot that condensation was building up and dripping off the ceiling. Our cabin AC worked for the most part but at night I had to sleep with just the sheet as I like to sleep in a cooler room that what the cabin ever got down to. 

I'm not sure if this is always like that on the Excel ships in the front or if there is a maintenance issue? We have a cruise on Jubilee coming up next year and I'm rethinking our cabin location.

no problems at all (and I hate being hot!) my cabin is actually almost TOO cool for me (I bring a 12” deskfan that’s been running on low the whole time)

• Like 8

Came back to my cabin to find this on my door..

intersting..I’ve NEVER gotten something like this before..lucky for them that’s the exact plan, to make earn 3200 by tomorrow night.

IMG_7220.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Came back to my cabin to find this on my door..

intersting..I’ve NEVER gotten something like this before..lucky for them that’s the exact plan, to make earn 3200 by tomorrow night.

IMG_7220.jpeg

I love it when a plan comes together 🙂

• Like 1

On your search for fruit, check out the Salsa Bar at Blue Iguana in the mornings.  They had the sweetest Watermelon Wedges earlier this month!!  

• Like 2

I actually saw a good looking woman; who MIGHT not be a “not nice person” at the HSH today (well, I thought she was attractive, but I have been told I have low standards haha). She was with what looked like her mom; but she was in the water by herself..of course I didn’t have the balls to actually say hi. (It’s still a little too soon for me)

but in this weight loss journey and with the new teeth; I definitely was feeling GOOD today. (Until on the way back walking by the gift shops and thinking about the shot glasses..the “wife” collects them)

BUT; I’m trying to stay strong 

I mean what idiot WOULDNT take a free cruise to here: (picture)

IMG_7215.jpeg

• Like 5