Food on the Serenade?

Can someone give me an opinon of the food on the Serenade? The only experience I've had with an RCI ship was with the Legend two years ago. The food was terrible. We sailed from Encenada to Hawaii which took five days. We felt like captive victims to their lousy food. The first thing we did when we docked was to find a good restaurant. We were starving! I'm planning on goint to Alaska this July and I'm really concerned. Please advise.

I just got off the Serenade yesterday, I found the ship food was pretty good for the most part. Compared to the Jewel last year, the dining room choices are now somewhat limited. The Windjammer for a buffet was very good and so was the Sea View Cafe.

I definitely recommend trying Portofino. This was my 3rd cruise and have never eaten there until last week. The food was outstanding and service was excellent, I wish I'd have eaten there more than just the one time! There was a vegetarian in our group, she said choices for her were not as good as in prior cruises but she still found plenty to eat.

Unfortunately I'm sailing with a lady-friend who insists that when she goes on a cruise, she wants to be "waited on in style" and refuses to do either the Windjammer or the Seaview Cafe. I have a feeling that I'll be leaving her in the dining room while I go up to one or the other places to eat. I've heard wonderful things about the Seaview Cafe and will probably spend my dinner meals there. But thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I'm sailing with a lady-friend who insists that when she goes on a cruise, she wants to be "waited on in style" and refuses to do either the Windjammer or the Seaview Cafe. I have a feeling that I'll be leaving her in the dining room while I go up to one or the other places to eat. I've heard wonderful things about the Seaview Cafe and will probably spend my dinner meals there. But thanks for the advice.

I was on the Serenade last may and felt that the food - as many of the posters on this board by now have heard - was quite poor. If you are looking for a gourmet food experience this shp - and RCI generally - won't be for you. Try HAL or Celebrity.

Thanks for the reply. But I have read that the Windjammer and the Seaview Cafe are much better. I guess I'll spend most of my dinners there. Did you try either one of them?

both windjammer and seaview are better but your friend will be disappointed with main dining room fare.

Archived