Southbound on the Summit

pattyj 1204

My husband is booking a cruise tour on the Summit and I want to know which side of the ship should we be booking for the inside passage so we look more towards the land than the ocean. I think it should be the port side, but he thinks it should be the starboard. Looking forward to seeing Alaska. Thanks for the help.  

Just did southbound on the Summit.  I was port side.  That was VERY helpful in Icy Straight Point as the port side was to the bay and the whales were very playful and feeding by the boat that entire day.  So my balcony and the buffet were prime watching spots.  On the inside passage to Vancouver there will be land on both sides so it won't matter.  I am happy with my port side choice. All the ports except ISP/Hoonah were port side docked.  I know that several times under way we saw whales off the starboard who were swimming north but you never know where wild life will pop up.  Keep in mind that Alaska is the rain captial and our cruise got lucky and saw almost no rain but if you have typical Alaska weather seeing land from the room may not be an issue due to fog and clouds.