Baggage drop off

abouna

We will be embarking on the Sun Princess from. Athens in July and were wondering how early we can drop our luggage? We wanted to take the ferry to Aegina for the day before embarking, but need to ditch our luggage in Piraeus first. I found some third party storage places, but would rather put them in Princess' hands and not have to make an extra stop when we return if possible. 

I don't believe that you will find a "Princess" method to store your luggage for what you want to do. There *may* be a place at the port...I don't know. Princess is not going to want the responsibility for this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, abouna said:

We will be embarking on the Sun Princess from. Athens in July and were wondering how early we can drop our luggage? We wanted to take the ferry to Aegina for the day before embarking, but need to ditch our luggage in Piraeus first. I found some third party storage places, but would rather put them in Princess' hands and not have to make an extra stop when we return if possible. 

The only way your luggage would be in Princess' hands is when it goes on the ship. 

You say you were taking the ferry the day prior to embarking on your Princess voyage. Where are you planning on spending the night? Try for early check-in?

Edited by startedwithamouse

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The only way your luggage would be in Princess' hands is when it goes on the ship. 

You say you were taking the ferry the day prior to embarking on your Princess voyage. Where are you planning on spending the night? Try for early check-in?

Sorry if I was confusing. We will be in Athens the two days before. We want to check out of our place in Athens and leave our luggage at the port, preferably with porters from the ship, maybe by 9:00am on the day we embark and then head to Aegina for the day before returning and boarding. 

1 minute ago, abouna said:

Sorry if I was confusing. We will be in Athens the two days before. We want to check out of our place in Athens and leave our luggage at the port, preferably with porters from the ship, maybe by 9:00am on the day we embark and then head to Aegina for the day before returning and boarding. 

Yes, then you can do this.

We've done this before (but not in Greece), dropped off our luggage, then explored the city for the morning/afternoon.

Just don't miss the ship!

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yes, then you can do this.

We've done this before (but not in Greece), dropped off our luggage, then explored the city for the morning/afternoon.

Just don't miss the ship!

Great!

40 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Double check the boarding window. You might not have enough time. Traffic in Athens can be really bad. 

for sure. That's why we want to get out of Athens and leave our things at the port with the ship since the ferries leave from the same port.