UDP and Chefs Table

Good morning!
We recently purchased the Unlimited Dining Plan for our upcoming cruise on Adventure of the Seas for 6/7-6/15.  As 6/15 is our 28th anniversary, we wanted to do something we have not done before, so we purchased Chefs Table for the last night of the cruise.  When researching, we saw the follwing statements:

What's Included

• Specialty dining every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.
  • For applicable sailings, Holiday Celebration Dinners are included with a surcharge.

To avoid not missing a desired night, we went ahead and paid full price for Chefs Table.  My question is..."How do we get the difference back?"  Is it as simple as going to Guest Services when we board, is there a different process, or are we just out the additional monies?

Thanks in advance!

For my upcoming cruise, I originally purchased a 3-night dining plan with Chef's table separately.

When the UDP was discounted during a "sale", I cancelled the 3-night plan and Chef's table and purchased UDP. If I decide to do Chef's table, I'll reserve when I get onboard, but, it's not super-important to me.

I'm not sure if you can get money back or if you're just out the money. If you're not super concerned about losing around $50, I'd keep your reservation or you risk having Chef's table book up. It's certainly worth asking for a refund of the difference when you get onboard.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BIBPhotography said:

Is it as simple as going to Guest Services when we board, is there a different process, or are we just out the additional monies?

Go to one of the speciality venues upon boarding and while you are making the UDP reservations, also make one for Chefs Table and cancel your existing one.  You should get refundable OBC for the cancellation. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1