Main Dining Rooms Reservations

Bottom line for me:

Booking MDR reservations in advance costs nothing and is a fun way to make the upcoming cruise more real.  It takes just a few (enjoyable) moments and there is no commitment.

Booking MDR reservations is (almost) always of no help and what some might consider a "horrible waste of my valuable time that I could waste elsewhere (like posting on the internet)."

IOW: to each their own.  Nobody should be told NOT to book the MDR.  Nobody should be told that booking the MDR will provide valuable returns.  It is largely noise, that doesn't really warrant any strong opinions one way or the other.

6 hours ago, stellarose33 said:

party of 6?

Usually a party of 8 or more is considered large.

People really over think this reservation booking. I never know what time I am going to want to eat before getting on a ship. There could be many factors that play into the decision...late lunch, an activity I want to do/see, excursion running late. The great thing about the MDR is you show up when you want and you get seated, usually within 10 minutes or so. No need to stress or rush...relax, it's a vacation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stellarose33 said:

noodle terrible in what way? lines? food? thanks

1 hour ago, stellarose33 said:

noodle terrible in what way? lines? food? thanks

I thought the food wasn’t good, my opinion.
You definitely had to get in line before they opened or would probably not get in until late.

17 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

I thought the food wasn’t good, my opinion.
You definitely had to get in line before they opened or would probably not get in until late.

Also the case with Jasmine on the Jade (the line...not the food. We thought the food was great...ate there at least four times).