It’s that time of the year again - Cunarder

NE John

Sorry to see "The Cunarder" morph into a straight promotional piece... originally, it was about us (passengers) and them (the crew) as much as the ships or destinations. There's really no news of Cunard people or passengers just brochure blandishments posing as articles.

I did get a chuckle over Capt. Ingor Thorhauge's comment (or the one written for her) re. QUEEN ANNE: "If guests believe they are coming to another version of QUEEN MARY 2, they are going to be surprised."  Judging from many of the reviews, that may well be the case. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I got my copy in the post about a week ago here in the UK.

For those who don't get copies, here is the PDF version of the Summer 2024 edition of The Cunarder, from the Cunard website. Fairly large file, 36 mb.

[You may need to be logged into Cruise Critic to see a PDF attachment].

Cunarder_Summer_24.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Sorry to see "The Cunarder" morph into a straight promotional piece... originally, it was about us (passengers) and them (the crew) as much as the ships or destinations. There's really no news of Cunard people or passengers just brochure blandishments posing as articles.

I did get a chuckle over Capt. Ingor Thorhauge's comment (or the one written for her) re. QUEEN ANNE: "If guests believe they are coming to another version of QUEEN MARY 2, they are going to be surprised."  Judging from many of the reviews, that may well be the case. 

Poor Cunard don’t seem to be able to do much right. I think you might expect a magazine called the Cunarder (oddly), published by a company which has just got a new ship, to be full of promotional material about that ship. I actually thought it was fairly interesting.

My problems with QA largely stem from the some of ways she is like QM2: long distances from front to back, meaning a very long walk to the Library, difficulties navigating around the ship, a grim Grills Lounge, no Grills Courtyard. But I find lots of things to love about both ships. 

• Like 3