Post Alaska cruise Excursions from Seattle

Posted (edited)

We are cruising on the NCL Sun, from Seattle in August this year.

Our flight does not depart from Seatac until approximately 7pm. I thought it may be a nice idea to do an excursion as a way of killing time pre flight. Do NCL offer excursions on disembark day from Seattle and if so, does anyone have experience of these excursions that they may share please.?

Edited by Manchester is blue

• Manchester is blue changed the title to Post Alaska cruise Excursions from Seattle

I’m on the Sun next week. I see 2 excursions Best of Seattle with Observatory and Airport Transfer  for $169 for an adult. And Best of Seattle (Ending at Airport) for $179/adult. Both are 4 hours and the timeslot is 9am. The observatory looks like it goes to a building and the other goes to Space Needle. 

• Like 1

If your sailing offers PortValet service, you may want to look into that and then DIY your tour. They’ll take your bags for you and leave you free to explore.

It’s not far from the cruise terminal to the Space Needle and other attractions surrounding it. It’s a nice walk, or a short taxi/uber ride.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 2:41 PM, Manchester is blue said:

We are cruising on the NCL Sun, from Seattle in August this year.

Our flight does not depart from Seatac until approximately 7pm. I thought it may be a nice idea to do an excursion as a way of killing time pre flight. Do NCL offer excursions on disembark day from Seattle and if so, does anyone have experience of these excursions that they may share please.?

There are lots of interesting places to visit in Seattle that easily can be reached on foot or by taxi.  You can drop your bags at the Marriott across the street from the port and enjoy the city on your own.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry, I should have mentioned I’m staying in Seattle for 4days pre cruise, and flying home with BA. BA do not offer Portvalet. I was hoping for a more “off the wall” , or off grid, kinda excursion,.. stuff I may not have experienced in my 4 days pre cruise….?  Perhaps I’m asking for too much, I don’t know, just wondering I’d someone has experience of interesting excursions after their Alaska cruise ?

Edited by Manchester is blue

15 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

I’m sorry, I should have mentioned I’m staying in Seattle for 4days pre cruise, and flying home with BA. BA do not offer Portvalet. I was hoping for a more “off the wall” , or off grid, kinda excursion,.. stuff I may not have experienced in my 4 days pre cruise….?  Perhaps I’m asking for too much, I don’t know, just wondering I’d someone has experience of interesting excursions after their Alaska cruise ?

You might want to consider leaving the "normal" Seattle stuff that's offered on a port-to-airport excursion for after your cruise. And do "off the wall" stuff during the 4 days you are in Seattle.

Seattle has something called a city pass that gives you discounted admission to your choice of many of the Seattle attractions. You can often get a discounted pass on Groupon. Otherwise, I'd be seeing what Viator offers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Did you check Seattle Express? Their shuttle service offers post cruise tours and private tours can be arranged. 

I hadn’t heard of that company Linsuesue.  Thanks for the suggestion, I shall certainly check them out 👍🏼

• Like 1

What hotel are you staying at at pre cruise?:

(1) You might be able to either store your luggage with them or be able to get a day room post cruise.

(2) They can probably suggest or book a post cruise excursion for you

A suggestion for you: one of my very favorite restaurants along the Waterfront is Ivar's Acres of Clams (Pier 54).  It is near the Washington State Ferry System Terminal.  You can watch ferries come, unload all their cars and passengers, re-load and sail out again.

Enjoy Seattle and your cruise on The Sun.  The Sun is a wonderful small ship.  Very different in Her lay out.  One of the Main Dining Rooms is just off the lobby of the ship.  Her Observation Lounge has an outside balcony.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 3:48 PM, Manchester is blue said:

i would just go back to the hoel you stayed at pre-cruise and ask the concierge to hold your luggage while you explore the city ) of course tell them you had stayed 4 nights pre-cruise).  If you want a quirky tour of Seattle, do the Underground Tour.  Buy tickets in Pioneer Square.  It takes you underground, to the original streets of Seattle.  The guide will talk about the history of why they abandoned the ground floors, and rebuilt above.  You will see soon of the original store fronts.  I believe hey also take you into one of the oldest restaurants in Seattle.  It's about 90 min long tour, not wheelchair accessible.  You can take the Light Rail from Pioneer Square directly to SeaTac ( about 30 min ride).  Nice Seattle skyline views on the way out.

13 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

i would just go back to the hoel you stayed at pre-cruise and ask the concierge to hold your luggage while you explore the city ) of course tell them you had stayed 4 nights pre-cruise).  If you want a quirky tour of Seattle, do the Underground Tour.  Buy tickets in Pioneer Square.  It takes you underground, to the original streets of Seattle.  The guide will talk about the history of why they abandoned the ground floors, and rebuilt above.  You will see soon of the original store fronts.  I believe hey also take you into one of the oldest restaurants in Seattle.  It's about 90 min long tour, not wheelchair accessible.  You can take the Light Rail from Pioneer Square directly to SeaTac ( about 30 min ride).  Nice Seattle skyline views on the way out.

Thanks for taking the time to respond 9tee2Sea. I hadn’t actually considered the underground tour so thanks, I’ll be sure to take a look at that.! 
We are staying in an Air BnB pre cruise, so am guessing it’ll be a no-no to ask them to hold our cases for the day.

Cheers mate

2 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

If you want a quirky tour of Seattle, do the Underground Tour.  Buy tickets in Pioneer Square.  It takes you underground, to the original streets of Seattle.  The guide will talk about the history of why they abandoned the ground floors, and rebuilt above.  You will see soon of the original store fronts.  I believe hey also take you into one of the oldest restaurants in Seattle.  It's about 90 min long tour, not wheelchair accessible.  You can take the Light Rail from Pioneer Square directly to SeaTac ( about 30 min ride).  Nice Seattle skyline views on the way out.

I echo this recommendation, we did the tour in 2011 pre-cruise.  We also did the city pass and checked out the aquarium, as well as the harbor cruise, which was also very cool.

This time around, we're looking into an all-day winery tour.  There are several available if you look.

• Like 1