Has anyone done a B2B Cruise with Different parking (P4C then CPS)

tring

Posted (edited)

We had asked for these bookings to be transferred to parking, instead of the extra OBC and our agent tells us P&O have changed it for the second, longer cruise, (which is the problem as we wanted to use some of our very large OBC).  Just wondering about change over day, presuming we would have to take the car into the short stay car park until CPS are accepting cars for that cruise.  Has anyone done that. 

Seems a silly idea to me, but wondering how it would work in practice.

Edited by tring

45 minutes ago, tring said:

Just wondering about change over day, presuming we would have to take the car into the short stay car park until CPS are accepting cars for that cruise

The other option would be to go into Southampton, or elsewhere, for a few hours and then take it to CPS. If you leave it in the short stay car park don't forget to pay the parking fee.

Could you not arrange for CPS to handle the parking for the first cruise?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, david63 said:

The other option would be to go into Southampton, or elsewhere, for a few hours and then take it to CPS. If you leave it in the short stay car park don't forget to pay the parking fee.

Could you not arrange for CPS to handle the parking for the first cruise?

Sorry, made a mess of my original post, the point was that parking is not available for the first cruise, at the end of August and it is also not available to book directly with CPS either.  The email on a Sunday from the agent threw is somewhat, as would not have expected one cruise to have been changed and not the other.  The agent has asked if we wanted to keep the P&O parking for the second cruise under the circumstances and my initial thoughts were, "No", wondering why P&O actually went ahead and changed one without the other!

There are further complications as we had originally booked parking with P4C, but DH emailed them to cancel that about a week ago, yet it does not appear to have been actioned yet as the booking is still showing as live, but we know they do not action cancellations immediately.  Hence we are a bit wary of trying to re book with them.  With P4C the one week cruise parking would now cost half of what the full 38 night booking cost initially.  Looks like we could re book the full 38 nights with P4C for not much more than the original booking.

TBH DH was thinking of just keeping the Included parking for the long cruise and just put the car in a long stay multi story for the first week anyway as we could then change cabins at leisure, then just go out and pick up the car when we come back.  We have a thirteen year old pretty standard car, so may just do that, but wondering if we would definitely be able to get into a multi story when we want to do so at a time when parking is not easily available.  Perhaps needs a bit more thought.

2 hours ago, tring said:

Sorry, made a mess of my original post, the point was that parking is not available for the first cruise, at the end of August and it is also not available to book directly with CPS either.  The email on a Sunday from the agent threw is somewhat, as would not have expected one cruise to have been changed and not the other.  The agent has asked if we wanted to keep the P&O parking for the second cruise under the circumstances and my initial thoughts were, "No", wondering why P&O actually went ahead and changed one without the other!

There are further complications as we had originally booked parking with P4C, but DH emailed them to cancel that about a week ago, yet it does not appear to have been actioned yet as the booking is still showing as live, but we know they do not action cancellations immediately.  Hence we are a bit wary of trying to re book with them.  With P4C the one week cruise parking would now cost half of what the full 38 night booking cost initially.  Looks like we could re book the full 38 nights with P4C for not much more than the original booking.

TBH DH was thinking of just keeping the Included parking for the long cruise and just put the car in a long stay multi story for the first week anyway as we could then change cabins at leisure, then just go out and pick up the car when we come back.  We have a thirteen year old pretty standard car, so may just do that, but wondering if we would definitely be able to get into a multi story when we want to do so at a time when parking is not easily available.  Perhaps needs a bit more thought.

As far I know West Quay multi is open 24 hours  a day. 

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

As far I know West Quay multi is open 24 hours  a day. 

Yes we are aware of that, but due to parking being short at that time of year (shown by unavailability with CPS), we were thinking there may not be any parking available at the time.  Probably very unlikely, but we would prefer to have parking booked.  I rang our agent earlier and asked them to re instate the extra OBC for the second, long cruise and cancel the parking.  Why on earth P&O decided to book the parking for one of the two B2B cruises, without at least asking if that what we wanted defeats me TBH.  Far better to have the car parked at the start and staying where it is for the duration of our time on the ship IMO.

I notice you are staying at the holiday inn winchester. Why dont you see if the park and cruise stay option is available for your ovetnight stay. Then you can leave the car there for the first cruise and get the included taxi back to the hotel to pick the car up after you have changed cabins.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

I notice you are staying at the holiday inn winchester. Why dont you see if the park and cruise stay option is available for your ovetnight stay. Then you can leave the car there for the first cruise and get the included taxi back to the hotel to pick the car up after you have changed cabins.

No, we do not have that hotel booked for any future cruises, but a hotel with cruise parking was something we briefly considered.  They are pricy options though, especially if looking at 37 nights in the summer - I think probably a better option for a winter cruises, but thanks for the idea, which I am sure was meant to help. 

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had arranged for the agents to get the OBC re-instated instead of parking for the cruise concerned and we will use P4C in this instance, who give much better rates for longer cruises.  We really want a free change over day to change cabin and hopefully meet up with my cousins in Southampton as well.  Also no point having to worry about the car that day if we do not need to do so.

Edited by tring