Civitavecchia Port to FCO (Rome) for an 11:40 AM flight

jennybenny

We have a 12:10 flight from FCO and booked a shared shuttle.  I was nervous bc I have heard stories about shared shuttles saying, "Oh sorry - no one else signed up so you'll have to pay XXXX more to make it a private shuttle" or get left in the lurch.  However, I have already been notified that others have signed up for the 7:30 shared shuttle so I feel a bit safer that they won't back out.  I also plan to research a back-up to get to FCO in case this does happen.

I also booked the fast track for our party.  Not sure it will help but for the few euros it cost, I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:59 AM, schmoopie17 said:

I am still confused about the Fast Track at FCO. There isn't much discussion of this online (at least not that I can find.) 

I'm not sure what it gets you, other than possibly skipping the line (if any) at security screening. Some people say security is not the worst line.  Apparently, it doesn't have anything to do with passport control.

I suppose it might be a case of it's better to  "Have it but not need it"...as opposed to the worst case of "Needing it but not having it." It's only seven euro p/p...but still I struggle with getting it or not getting it.

I'd really like input from someone who has actually used it. Maybe a new thread is in order...

I bought the Fast Track for my flight last year from FCO.  I never ended up using it, as there was no one at the place where I would have entered the Fast Track line.   I looked around a bit, then gave up and went through the regular security line, which wasn’t bad at all.  The most time I spent in line was before security, when I dutifully arrived 3 hours before my 9:45 am flight to ORD, which turned out to be before the United agents who handled checked bags started their work day. 😕

In September, I am again flying home from FCO this year on the same 9:45 am flight.   I’ll probably pay the €7 again, knowing it may be a waste of money.  It’s that better to have it and not need it scenario.  

On 6/2/2024 at 1:45 PM, cavaaller said:

We had a 10:40 flight out of FCO that we made with no problem. (flying economy)

(it was a saturday though!)

Arrival of our ship was 6.00, disembarkation (walkoff) started before 7.

We carried our own bags and 

had preordered cse (civitavecchia shuttle express). They werde excellent!

(cost was 140 E)

Did you book a shared or private shuttle?