Pacific Sky Western tropics 29th april

Kellylee

Hi all

To those who have already been on the Western tropics cruise, are there other options, eg taxi's, private tour company's, at the port's insteads of doing the shore tours offered by the ship? does anyone have the shore tours booking form they could email me? What time do you need to be at singapore cruise centre for boarding on day of departure? I am going with 3 other couples and really looking forward to it with the hope of no mechanical problems!

thanks kellylee

We are going on the Western Tropics on the 15th:)also spending some time before and after in Sing .We still do not have our tickets so dont panic as some people dont get them until 10 - 14 days before travelling.Your shore tours are in with the tickets and the form has to be returned 10 days before sailing,so some people only just get them in.If you miss out, go straight to the pursers where you can book them as soon as you get on.Sarah Heg posted all the shore tour descriptions on about page 5 or 6 of this forum(as well as prices)I am not sure about your other questions,watch out for a review from cruiselover 96 as she will write one I am sure when she returns next week.

Pippa

Hi all

... are there other options, eg taxi's, private tour company's, at the port's insteads of doing the shore tours offered by the ship? does anyone have the shore tours booking form they could email me? What time do you need to be at singapore cruise centre for boarding on day of departure? ....

Hi Kellylee,

If you email me at tanro02@ca.com I can reply with the shore tours booking sheets tomorrow (I have scanned them). They are a little big (700Kb) to attach on this site (some people don't get the sheets with their tickets - I didn't had to get faxed out seperately). I am using a private Trasfer service in Bangkok but going with the P&O offerings in most places. I was considering the KTM Kommuter Train in KL, but decided P&O option was easier.

Singapore would appear to be 2.00pm at the earliest as to when you can get on board, others have indicated you can leave luggage from 8.00am (giving plenty of time to see more of Singapore as the MRT is nearby).

regards

Rod

Hi Kellylee, I am doing the Western Tropics this Sat (leaving Wed morning for Singapore). I received the booking form with my tickets, but I updated one of my tours just over the phone. I posted the prices of the Western Tropics tours under one of the threads called Asian tours......... which might give you an idea of what type of tours there are. It was a couple of weeks ago..

As far as I understand you can just take the tenders and do your own thing in the ports. In Phuket they have a do it your own tour for $18 per head and that is for the shuttle that takes you from the wharf to the city.

Leeanne

Archived