TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Atrium is absolutely the place to be at 10. Honestly the whole ship is buzzing. Suprising with a 7am port call tomorrow. 

IMG_3533.thumb.jpeg.60ed82915118e84e3e879613adca1099.jpeg

"One of those things doesn't go together

One of those things just doesn't belong!"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay they started the 90’s party with the Macarena…. Fun fact - I heard that in the summer of ‘96 on the Carnival Tropicale because I’d ever heard it anywhere else. It didn’t have the girls singing in English. It was straight Los Del Rio or whatever it was, and they taught us the dance for a deck party

I heard the Baha Men singing "Who Let the Dogs Out? Who ? Who? Who?" on a Caribbean cruise about a year before it smashed the US Market

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Woah!!! 

While Teach was snoozing this thread almost rolled off Page 1 at 5:45 am  Croatian Time

Not goin' to happen on my watch!!!

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

Oh, side note- came back to a voicemail

last night inviting us to the Latitudes cocktail party tonight at 6p at Spinnaker. Guest services told me it already happened day one. Who knows. We have Le Bistro at 6:30 so we’ll squeeze it in beforehand 

• Like 13

I'm glad you are up and taking photos 🙂    Kotor is on my bucket list and we're scheduled to be there on the Dawn April 2025. 

"problem" is that I prefer the Jewel class ships to the Dawn/Star because they have the observation lounge and great outdoors.  All the Pearl photos you've posted just reinforce that preference.  On the other hand (lol) I keep telling myself it is a VERY port intensive cruise and the ship shouldn't matter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

I'm glad you are up and taking photos 🙂    Kotor is on my bucket list and we're scheduled to be there on the Dawn April 2025. 

"problem" is that I prefer the Jewel class ships to the Dawn/Star because they have the observation lounge and great outdoors.  All the Pearl photos you've posted just reinforce that preference.  On the other hand (lol) I keep telling myself it is a VERY port intensive cruise and the ship shouldn't matter. 

while I love those areas very much, I agree. You’ll have a fantastic time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The only fjord I've been to in person was in Alaska.  Is there a residual glacier at the end of this one?

Good question, I’m not sure just yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Good question, I’m not sure just yet. 

Places like this sometimes make me think "just imagine, life is like this here every day while I'm back hustling and bustling in city life".  Weird.  Those pics of the fjord are breathtaking.  Thanks for sharing them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to post a link but if you google Kotor fjord an interesting article by Terri Cook in Earth Magazine comes up explaining the formation of the Bay of Kotor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

a crew member saw us loitering and told us to just head down to four, there was space… but they just filled the tender, there was no space… waiting on the next. Using the lifeboats as tenders here. 

IMG_3599.thumb.jpeg.7c838589c3964a78f05efb817d9074e1.jpeg

• Like 10