Is it rude to ask...

jdockery

I was wondering how you would feel if you were in a category 12 and someone knocked on your door and asked to use your VCR for 15 minutes to watch a wedding video?

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on our next cruise. We have watched our wedding video on our anniversary every year. I would really like to be able to watch it while we are cruising.

Thanks for your opinions.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;08;19;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until my next cruise!

Holiday 08/04

Imagination 10/03

Victory 06/03

Holiday 12/02

Fantasy 3/01

Why don't you just book a category 12. After all, it's your 10th anniversary. I'm a very nice person but I'm afraid I wouldn't let you in my cabin to watch your video. icon_frown.gif Sorry

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

I wouldn't necessary think it was rude, but I would think it was weird if a perfect stranger came up and asked to sit in my cabin while they watched their video!

Why don't you call Carnival, tell them of the special occasion, and see if there is a spot you can view it (library, internet cafe, etc.) Or perhaps they can give you a loaner VCR to use in your cabin.

I would do that before I'd knock on a stranger's door...but that's just me.

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

Why don't you start a Roll Call thread for you particular cruise and ask people what category cabin they have booked. Maybe you can find someone through this board and you could set up a specific time rather than randomly knocking on someone's door. Could be an inopportune time, if you know what I mean. icon_wink.gif

However, if you knocked on my door, I'd let you. But I can't afford a category 12!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until we cruise again!!!

My first thought was no. Then I thought, it's just a wedding video. Then I went back to no again.

I wouldn't let you into my home (unless we were friends), or a regular hotel room.

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable letting a stranger into my cabin.

However, if you were my tablemate, or we had become friendly during our trip, I wouldn't hesitate to let you and your husband into our cabin.

Happy Anniversary!

~J

Miracle 6/26!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I consider myself a very nice person as well... but I would feel very strange and as if I was being put in a very awkward situation if someone came to my room and asked that... I would talk to Carnival and see if they can help you, but I would personally not recommend you knocking on someone's cabin door to ask. Good luck and Happy Anniversary

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2005;10;30;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Valor Vampires 10/30/05

Sensation 7/03

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdockery:

I was wondering how you would feel if you were in a category 12 and someone knocked on your door and asked to use your VCR for 15 minutes to watch a wedding video?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would I feel? Before or *after* I slammed the cabin door in your face?

If we even perchance to *BE* in the cabin when you come knocking, we certainly would not be expecting, nor receptive to even having, visitors. If you know what I mean ... icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Pungo has the best suggestion here. If you want a cabin equipped with a VCR, *BOOK* a cabin with a VCR.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

How would I feel? Before or *after* I slammed the cabin door in your face?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow about a simple, "I'm sorry but, no."

icon_eek.gif

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brneyznfl:

Wow about a simple, "I'm sorry but, no."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would depend on the mindset at the time. More likely than not, the DND tag would be hanging from the doorknob. And if I had not ordered room service, I would probably think that it was someone's unruly ankle-biter gutter-snipe spawn-of-satan children wreaking havoc in the hallways.

icon_razz.gif

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Thank you all for your responses.

I have thought about all of the suggestions given. If money was there for a Cat. 12 we would be in one, but its not.

I really wasn't sure how people would feel, so I am glad I asked it here. I knew everyone here would give me good advice.

I will try some of the other suggestions.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;08;19;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until my next cruise!

Holiday 08/04

Imagination 10/03

Victory 06/03

Holiday 12/02

Fantasy 3/01

Why not copy your movie onto a media that you can play back and view with your own video camera? Then you can keep your room and view it in privacy. Wouldn't you rather do that?

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Great idea, TomD. They could also transfer it to a DVD and view it on a laptop computer.

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

I certainly understand how you feel. And would probably let you do it (course I'll probably never have a Cat. 12)

But would you really be comfortable sitting in a strange room watching your tape?

I get this "I Love Lucy" image of you spending the whole cruise, trying to make friends with someone in a Cat. 12.

You know.....you really should have that tape put on DVD. After 10 years or so tapes start to fade.

You can get it done pretty reasonable these days.

At places like Wally World.

You could always buy one of those Mini-DVD players as an aniversary present!

I think you should do like the poster above said copy it to a DVD and then buy one of the little portable DVD players they don't cost much got one for $140 they are small about 6x6 and would fit in you luggage fine then you could take it anytime on your vacation to view you wedding. Linda

Celebration 4/95

Imagination 4/97

Imagination 4/99

Triumph 4/01

Triumph 5/03

Valor 4/24/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;14;06;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

jdockery,

I'm sorry.

You must be a very sweet person, and I'm sure if someone knocked on your door with that request you'd gladly let them in...but I have to say that this is the weirdest post I have ever seen on this board! icon_biggrin.gif

I can't stop laughing at the image of you knocking on people's doors, video tape in hand!!

Would you just plop yourself on their bed, and grab the remote???

I agree with going cruisin...I think I am a real nice person, but I have to be honest, it would really creep me out if someone knocked on my door asking to use the VCR......

Like I said, you must be really sweet, and I hope I didn't offend you, I just think it's really funny!!

And pay no mind to Tef...he is just trying to promote his curmudgeon status.

BTW...Happy anniversary!

Behave Tef. icon_biggrin.gif

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Try to explain your situation to your tablemates. One may have a VCR and will offer you to watch your video there for 15 minutes.

Carnival Valor for the Vampires Halloween Party: countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;10;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NCL Dawn, December 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdockery:

I was wondering how you would feel if you were in a category 12 and someone knocked on your door and asked to use your VCR for 15 minutes to watch a wedding video?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would I feel? Before or *after* I slammed the cabin door in your face?

If we even perchance to *BE* in the cabin when you come knocking, we certainly would not be expecting, nor receptive to even having, visitors. If you know what I mean ... icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Pungo has the best suggestion here. If you want a cabin equipped with a VCR, *_BOOK_* a cabin with a VCR.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to be quite that rude about it.... As someone else pointed out, a simple "no" would suffice, regardless of your mindset at the time.

cubs_45.gifgreenlanthal.gifflash.gif

030203usf_prv.gif

05/24/03 Celebration -- Our first cruise!

12/07/03 Conquest

11/01/04 -- Fascination!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Somebody (initials TEF?) must have a bee in his bonnet today? But don't worry, he doesn't really bite. icon_biggrin.gif

I'd suggest you go to the purser's desk and see if they can either loan you a VCR or suggest a place y'all could go watch your video in private. Good luck and happy anniversary.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

If I knew you I wouldn't hesitate to say "watch your video" however, since we are not aquainted I would think you were out of your mind and probably shut the door thinking this was a joke.

Becky

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100

Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mandy's Graduation Celebration Glory Cruise 2006

Miracle 2004

Pride 2003

Regent Rainbow

Sensation 2000

Fantasy 1996, 2001

hm...again...many respond as long lost friends on other threads but when it comes to 'knock on the door' it appears to be the Boston Strangler' ...most likely i would be more than willing to share...and as we all may be aware not all are able to afford the cabin with the VCR...soooo why not let someone (with predetermined time and date) use your VCR...I know my DH would never hesistate and would find it a romantic moment to allow ourselves to meet in RL (real life) those that we share these boards with...yep, a roll call may help these two romantic voyagers to identify which CC persons are on their cruise.

You've had great suggestions here. I hope it all works out. My husband and I try to watch our wedding video every year also. It's been 17 years and our wedding day was a...blizzard...in April...mother-in-law stuck on 70 West for 8 hours...giving away food by the bucket full kind of wedding video, so it's always cool to watch again. But for safety reasons on both parts it's probably not a good idea. What if the couple wanted to show you THEIR video. You know show me yours I'll show you mine sort of thing!? icon_wink.gif

I would allow you to watch the video but I wouldn't leave you in my cabin alone. I'm just not sure how "special" it would be for you to watch this video with 2 stangers??

Kristi - Atom.gif

hounds3.gif

Miracle.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

Archived