Uruguay Visa Needed? (I have Taiwanese passport)

adams1216

Hello all

I have a Taiwanese passport, and I have been researched online and called consulate. Uruguay consulate told me to check with cruise line, but in the Uruguay official website saying cruise will apply special travel permit for those who needs a via. Has anyone had experiences?  Thank you

1 hour ago, adams1216 said:

Hello all

I have a Taiwanese passport, and I have been researched online and called consulate. Uruguay consulate told me to check with cruise line, but in the Uruguay official website saying cruise will apply special travel permit for those who needs a via. Has anyone had experiences?  Thank you

It is the passengers responsibility to make sure they have necessary documents to travel to another country. 

‘IF’ Princess will be providing a ‘permit’ it would be listed in your ‘travel summary’.

You access your travel summary thru the cruise Personalizer through the boarding pass and travel summary link at the upper right area on first page when you go into your booking. Click on this link, then scroll to print travel summary, click this link, and review.

I would think most countries have entry requirements on their official home website, but, they might not be updated or apply to ‘all’ cruise lines. I am not familiar with Uruguay’s entry requirements.

One time in the past, for Vietnam, some cruise ships could get a ‘cruise ship’ visa for only $5 and provided to passengers once on board. Unfortunately at the time, Princess,  for whatever reasons, did not participate in this arrangement, so you either got your visa on your own, or Princess did state they would obtain for you, but the cost was quite a bit more. 

Calling Princess these days is hit and miss since I believe the call center has been moved off shore and many have reported agents that are lacking knowledge and training.

Yikes!  If the Uruguay consulate doesn't know what their own visa requirements are, I don't know who would know.  You might try one of the visa services that supposedly get all the required visa for individual cruise passengers, but again, I am shocked that the Uruguay consulate doesn't know or can't investigate what their own requirements are.  @wallyjWhy do you mention Princess, since the OP didn't say what cruise line, or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Yikes!  If the Uruguay consulate doesn't know what their own visa requirements are, I don't know who would know.  You might try one of the visa services that supposedly get all the required visa for individual cruise passengers, but again, I am shocked that the Uruguay consulate doesn't know or can't investigate what their own requirements are.  @wallyjWhy do you mention Princess, since the OP didn't say what cruise line, or am I missing something?

This post was moved from the Princess board, so I replied before it was moved, I assume the OP is on a Princess ship?

@adams1216, I did a quick ‘search’ and Wikipedia results say Taiwan passport holders require a visa to visit Uruguay. As I posted earlier, if the cruise line is offering to do this for you, it would be noted in the travel summary for Princess.

You should easily see what countries a Taiwan passport holder can visit, and if visa is required.