Vegetarian options

Hi there, 

We are sailing on celeb apex in August. The app seems to have the menus on for all resteraunts but looks super limited for veggies. There seems to be only 1 option and 9/10 meat options. 

Does anyone know if there's a seperate veggie menu when you're on the ship? 

Thanks!

Just off the Apex and, like all other Celebrity ships I’ve been on, there is a separate vegetarian menu each night. You need to ask your waiter for it. Vegetarian options on the main menu are now labelled (yay!) and in the buffet there is a LOT of choice. You will not go hungry 😃 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I'm just off the Apex after a 12 day cruise.

The veggie options in the main dining rooms are very limited and they certainly make the speciality restaurants unviable. There will be one course for each meal that is veggie although we know one evening that included adding shrimps to a egg dish!

I don't think that there is a separate veggie menu but if what they offer doesn't suit you they will make an alternative dish.

However the good news, if it suits you, is that the buffet is great for veggies for dinner. All items are labelled and they do also have a small 4 item completely vegan section each evening. Assuming you don't eat fish (which we do) then you should be well catered for but one point is that they are quite "generous" with their spicy options and so the Indian veggie meals can be quite spicy.

Having said all that my wife and I think that the Apex buffet was the best we have seen for veggies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steveso said:

Hi

I'm just off the Apex after a 12 day cruise.

The veggie options in the main dining rooms are very limited and they certainly make the speciality restaurants unviable. There will be one course for each meal that is veggie although we know one evening that included adding shrimps to a egg dish!

I don't think that there is a separate veggie menu but if what they offer doesn't suit you they will make an alternative dish.

However the good news, if it suits you, is that the buffet is great for veggies for dinner. All items are labelled and they do also have a small 4 item completely vegan section each evening. Assuming you don't eat fish (which we do) then you should be well catered for but one point is that they are quite "generous" with their spicy options and so the Indian veggie meals can be quite spicy.

Having said all that my wife and I think that the Apex buffet was the best we have seen for veggies.

I think we were on the same cruise. There is a separate vegetarian menu in the MDRs. You need to ask for it 😊

I was on both Eclipse and Edge in May, and not only is there a separate vegetarian menu (which you do have to ask for, although a discerning server might offer if they notice you ordering vegetarian) but my first night on Eclipse when I requested they vegetarian menu my server asked if I wanted the vegetarian menu, the vegan menu, or the Indian vegetarian menu. All three rotate nightly and between them I always found plenty of choice.

Having had that experience I knew to ask for the vegan and vegetarian menus on Edge as well, and got them every night.

• Thanks 2

Both my daughters are vegan and manage fine on Celebrity. Re speciality, you really need to go the day before. Raw on 5 made some vegan sushi for my daughters last year and Eden has vegan options. My daughters  really appreciate the separate vegan section in the buffet too. Even more choice for vegetarians. If there is nothing on the special menus you like in the MDR, they will put together something for you, curry is usually a good bet. My only criticism is that sometimes their veggie MDR options are lacking in protein, e.g. pulses and beans.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GlitterFemme said:

I was on both Eclipse and Edge in May, and not only is there a separate vegetarian menu (which you do have to ask for, although a discerning server might offer if they notice you ordering vegetarian) but my first night on Eclipse when I requested they vegetarian menu my server asked if I wanted the vegetarian menu, the vegan menu, or the Indian vegetarian menu. All three rotate nightly and between them I always found plenty of choice.

Having had that experience I knew to ask for the vegan and vegetarian menus on Edge as well, and got them every night.

Oooh, this is great information, thank you! I am both vegetarian and gluten free, so I guess I'll be asking for all the variations of menus to see what I can have! The Indian veggie menu sounds fab.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Oooh, this is great information, thank you! I am both vegetarian and gluten free, so I guess I'll be asking for all the variations of menus to see what I can have! The Indian veggie menu sounds fab.

If it helps, every time we sat down in a restaurant on our recent cruise we were asked if we had any allergies or dietary restrictions. I think this is new for Celebrity. And the menus are now marked with a symbol for vegetarian and gluten free - this is a definite change since last summer. 

• Thanks 1

We did do a previous cruise with Celebrity (2022) and they had the veggie and GF markings on the menu. The problem (for me) is that about 95% of the dishes marked as gluten-free were meat or fish, so I wasn't able to eat them! It was easily sorted, as I pre-ordered every evening for the following night, so I was able to order pretty much what I wanted and they would make it for me.

However, having 3 extra menus to choose from would be a great plus, as I would like to hope that at least a couple of those veggie/vegan/Indian vegetarian dishes would also be GF.

At least I know there are confirmed other menus, so I can ask to see them when doing my pre-ordering. Guess I'll be the one at the dinner table hoarding all the different menus! 🤣

• Like 1