Just after getting on the ship...

singjenn

I have a question about the time after boarding....

Last summer on our cruise we were on the Holiday. When I walked on the boat we had to wait in the lobby for a while because they said our rooms weren't ready. We didn't walk around the boat because I didn't know if we were allowed. We just sat there. Would we have been allowed to do that then? Or were we right for just sitting and waiting?

I have read on different boards that people have gone to eat before the rooms were ready. We are going on the Valor next month and I wondered if our rooms weren't ready when we got on, if we were allowed to wander the ship and eat.

The cruise on the Holiday was my first and I didn't know if I was allowed to walk around or go eat. I just wanted to see if all Carnival ships are the same. Thanks!

I still head straight to the cabin as soon as I board the ship. If our cabin is not ready, I take the opportunity to meet and introduce myself to our cabin steward. I then politly ask if we could leave our carry-on luggage in the cabin then we head directly up to the lido deck and let the party begin.

First of all welcome to the boards here at Cruise Critic.

You can get tons of info here before you go on cruises.

And yes, to add to the post above...

You absolutely can walk around, explore the ship, have lunch on the Lido deck, etc. before your rooms are ready.

You can even (if you feel comfortable about it), go to your room, see if the stewart is cleaning, and drop your carry on bags in the room (like in the closet or something); then go explore, eat, or whatever and come back later.

Keep reading and researching here, as tons of your questions will already have been answered here.

The more you know, the most you can make of your upcoming cruise.

Curt Jerome Wild

Archived