AARP HAL Gift Cards

9 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That is not true for Chase.  I did my research, everyone should do their own research and make a comfortable decision.  

Depends on the Chase card. I have many (gotten into travel hacking) and only some

of them even have trip cancellation and interruption coverage.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

Depends on the Chase card. I have many (gotten into travel hacking) and only some

of them even have trip cancellation and interruption coverage.

Yes that is true but for the Sapphire’s which have travel insurance it is similar to a basic travel policy sold by the insurance companies. AMEX travel series has similar insurance but they have changed recently so I am not sure how they compare.  Other credit card companies have travel cards which  are usually exclusively rental car insurance or similar which is unneeded if you have decent car insurance already 

Also remember that within a family of cards, whether it's Chase, Amex, or Citi, there is a wide variance in coverages. The best coverage usually comes from the cards with the highest annual fees, so read all the contracts before relying on the coverage.

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Also remember that within a family of cards, whether it's Chase, Amex, or Citi, there is a wide variance in coverages. The best coverage usually comes from the cards with the highest annual fees, so read all the contracts before relying on the coverage.

Also one thing I have never seen addressed is whether if the credit card terms change after your purchase is your purchase swept into the new system or remains covered by the old parameters.  Maybe @iamtrustworthy would be willing to comment.  And ditto any insurance coverage, can the terms change after purchase?