Istanbul Sunset Cruise

I tried to get some info.  There are lot of places that Bosporus Cruise but could not find some concrete answers.  No replies from my emauk to some boat tour companies in Istanbul.

1 hour ago, jb12 said:

I tried to get some info.  There are lot of places that Bosporus Cruise but could not find some concrete answers.  No replies from my emauk to some boat tour companies in Istanbul.

Can't help with your sunset cruise but will tell you about one of the most memorable moments in 50+ years of travel.  It was several decades ago, and DW and I decided to walk back to the port from the Golden Horn area (perhaps a couple of miles).  We were near the center of the Galata Bridge (which separates the port part of town from the Golden Horn (the main tourist area) on a beautiful summer eve.  Suddenly all the speakers, around the city, started to blare out the Muslim Call to Prayer which is a beatiful/haunting sound. .  We turned around to look back to the Golden Horn, and the low sun was reflecting off the city which gave it an amazing glow.  It was one of those prefect settings that just happens. And cannot be planned.  Speaking of the Galata Bridge, only walkers experience the lower level, which is lines with restaurants, cafes, vendors, etc.  To this day, DW and I try to find the time to walk over that bridge, even if we are staying in Istanbul and not even heading to the port.

Hank

• Like 1

We will be in Istanbul in July for 3 days prior to boarding Oceania’s Vista. We’re staying within walking distance of Galata Bridge & are looking forward to walking it.
The ferries travel on the Bosporus in evenings during the summer & I’ve read schedules should be posted this weekend. Much cheaper than boat tours offered, with the ability to focus on admiring the surroundings, not the belly dancers & bad food.

We are also doing O’s excursion of daytime Bosporus cruise, but there’s something magical about seeing the shores lit up at night.

8 hours ago, Vertygo said:

We will be in Istanbul in July for 3 days prior to boarding Oceania’s Vista. We’re staying within walking distance of Galata Bridge & are looking forward to walking it.
The ferries travel on the Bosporus in evenings during the summer & I’ve read schedules should be posted this weekend. Much cheaper than boat tours offered, with the ability to focus on admiring the surroundings, not the belly dancers & bad food.

We are also doing O’s excursion of daytime Bosporus cruise, but there’s something magical about seeing the shores lit up at night.

I would like to get some sort of guided tour where someone or somebody would tell me about we are passing by. I saw ferries that passing a lot of places but I would like to know their names at least.  I guess nightly cruise is out of the question.  TY for suggestions.

4 minutes ago, jb12 said:
8 hours ago, Vertygo said:

I would like to get some sort of guided tour where someone or somebody would tell me about we are passing by. I saw ferries that passing a lot of places but I would like to know their names at least.  I guess nightly cruise is out of the question.  TY for suggestions.

Have you looked on Viator? I found airport transport & guide for 2 days for reasonable prices. They might have a small boat evening tour.

6 hours ago, jb12 said:

I would like to get some sort of guided tour where someone or somebody would tell me about we are passing by.

If it will be dark there will be very little to see anyway, so a commentary won't be that important IMHO

Daytime cruising  is wonderful and with fairly close cruising you see a lot.  We used a Turyol ferry for ours, and as our guidebook (DK) had a double page description with photos of the buildings along the way  we referred to that and  no commentary was needed.  Fellow passengers were also referring to guidebooks, printed sheets or their phones for the same descriptions. so the information is out there waiting to be found.

A daytime Bosphorus cruise is one of the top things to do in Istanbul. A Bosphorus cruise In darkness maybe not so much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jb12 said:

saw Turyol Tour which really cheap

As far as I know, Turyol ferries do not offer "tours" as such.  They are ferries running to different locations along the Bosphorous, and also offer  the  "round trp" sail of the Bosphorous.

Unless there have been changes post pandemic, if you want an actual "tour" I think you would need to book with a different company.

We were in Istanbul in March and were looking to do a sunset cruise.   Wandered by the port area and found one.  They were only going to leave at 7 though which would have been too late for sunset !   it looked like they were waiting to fill the boat.

We took the ferry to Uskudar that was leaving at 6.45 (if I remember correctly). Perfect timing - as we crossed the Bos, we saw the sunset and were able to get great pictures.   We were mainly interested in the sunset and not anything else, so this worked beautifully for us.

• Like 1