Double check your flights if you get them through NCL

2 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

what I've learned in 43 years of travel (including 25 years of weekly business travel) is that you NEVER let anyone else book your flights for you - not an admin, not a client, not a tour operator, and certainly not a cruise line.  

Airlines do schedule changes every month, so the further out you book the more likely it is that there will be schedule changes.  If NCL books so late that should at least minimize this chance.  If you book directly through the airline, resolving schedule changes is usually pretty easy.

I've seen some truly horrid schedules booked by cruises for people I've cruised with.  Arrive dead tired, and drama when you don't get what you want and things go awry.  Not worth it.

Have you ever used the NCL BOGO Air program? It sounds like not. I have. For me, it's wonderful! I've never had an issue and have the BOGO scheduled for my February cruise from Syracuse to the Big Easy. 

Please be sure to listen to the folks that have actually used the program (if any of you dear readers are considering it). 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Have you ever used the NCL BOGO Air program? It sounds like not. I have. For me, it's wonderful! I've never had an issue and have the BOGO scheduled for my February cruise from Syracuse to the Big Easy. 

Please be sure to listen to the folks that have actually used the program (if any of you dear readers are considering it). 

True. And take complaints with a grain of salt from people who've never tried to book their own flights - it isn't always that easy to get from point A to point B at a convenient time, let alone at an affordable cost!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

what I've learned in 43 years of travel (including 25 years of weekly business travel) is that you NEVER let anyone else book your flights for you - not an admin, not a client, not a tour operator, and certainly not a cruise line.  

Airlines do schedule changes every month, so the further out you book the more likely it is that there will be schedule changes.  If NCL books so late that should at least minimize this chance.  If you book directly through the airline, resolving schedule changes is usually pretty easy.

I've seen some truly horrid schedules booked by cruises for people I've cruised with.  Arrive dead tired, and drama when you don't get what you want and things go awry.  Not worth it.

My new favorite trick is if they change it you can get a full refund if you want to change your flights. This is great if something comes up and you want to fly in earlier than planned for example. I paid a ridiculous amount for an upcoming flight to Florida so I’m watching the price. If it drops I can get a full refund and rebook since the airline has changed my flights on me after I booked.

44 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

My new favorite trick is if they change it you can get a full refund if you want to change your flights. This is great if something comes up and you want to fly in earlier than planned for example. I paid a ridiculous amount for an upcoming flight to Florida so I’m watching the price. If it drops I can get a full refund and rebook since the airline has changed my flights on me after I booked.

This is allowed with BOGO also, minus the refund part.