June 2024 AARP Celebrity Cruise Gift Card Update

ken987

18 minutes ago, MathLady112358 said:

I have now had experience in purchasing and redeeming the discounted AARP gift cards for both Celebrity and Princess. 

FWIW,  Princess's process for redeeming is FAR superior to Celebrity's. I am able to apply my own gift cards online and I immediately see the balance change.  (Snip)

Thank you for this, @MathLady112358!  Is your booking directly with Princess, or linked to a Travel Agent?  (I'm wondering if online redemption would would work if a TA owns your booking.)

--Marne

5 hours ago, marne-c said:

Thank you for this, @MathLady112358!  Is your booking directly with Princess, or linked to a Travel Agent?  (I'm wondering if online redemption would would work if a TA owns your booking.)

--Marne

A TA is able to use the online payment portal available to them and input the cards without needing to contact Princess. Celebrity requires your TA to submit the card images and numbers directly to them to process and can take up to 10 business days to complete this process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

A TA is able to use the online payment portal available to them and input the cards without needing to contact Princess. Celebrity requires your TA to submit the card images and numbers directly to them to process and can take up to 10 business days to complete this process.

@wallyj:  Many thanks for this great, useful information!!!  I have upcoming cruises with both Celebrity and Princess.

--Marne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Since the online TA portal is the same for Princess and HAL, any HAL gift cards can also be immediately redeemed by a TA and the payment shows up instantly.  

Don't know why RCCL/X is so archaic. They built an entire automated process around redeeming FCC's and have one for other coupon redemptions, but the gift cards are very old school. 

Edited by mac_tlc