When to book restaurants

Posted (edited)

I seem to remember P&O sending out an email saying that we could book some of the Speciality Restaurants 120 days before our cruise. We are 117 days out and no sign of the ability to book appearing, just says coming soon.

Have P&O reversed the 120 day date or did I dream that ?

Edited by bee-ess

2 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I seem to remember P&O sending out an email saying that we could book some of the Speciality Restaurants 120 days before our cruise. We are 117 days out and no sign of the ability to book appearing, just says coming soon.

Have P&O reversed the 120 day date or did I dream that ?

You didn't dream it, but I think it was an error, I seem to remember P&O did honour bookings made during the period it was wrongly set but reset it to 14/15 days before?

• Thanks 1

They did open it up at 120 days, but sadly they didn’t do a staggered rollout, as many IT companies would, but opened it up for all ships sailing within 120 days. It was chaos and the site crashed. Some people got bookings, other bookings got into a limbo state. I got Sindhu booked, but not Beach House. P&O reverted it back to 2 weeks for all, whilst they ‘investigated’ why the site couldn’t cope… umm.. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Goosebear Mum said:

They did open it up at 120 days, but sadly they didn’t do a staggered rollout, as many IT companies would, but opened it up for all ships sailing within 120 days. It was chaos and the site crashed. Some people got bookings, other bookings got into a limbo state. I got Sindhu booked, but not Beach House. P&O reverted it back to 2 weeks for all, whilst they ‘investigated’ why the site couldn’t cope… umm.. 

Did they notify us of that, I do remember the night in question as I was caught up in it but I don't remember seeing an email revoking the 120 day period.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Did they notify us of that, I do remember the night in question as I was caught up in it but I don't remember seeing an email revoking the 120 day period.

Yes, I received an email, with a blanket apology, saying they’d honour bookings that managed to be made, and that bookings would reopen 2 weeks beforehand. I double checked my credit card to ensure my limbo booking wasn’t charged for (it wasn’t) 

In fact, here’s the actual wording:

…………….

We’re writing to you regarding some important information relating to your upcoming cruise. 

We’re sorry to inform you that we’ve been experiencing some issues with our dining booking system in My P&O Cruises. If you’ve tried to make any dining reservations that you weren’t able to check out, then we apologise for any confusion caused.  

What this means for you

If you have already been successful in making purchases via the dining booking system, then there’s no need for further action – all existing bookings will be honoured. And any new reservations you would like to make will be available for you to book 14 days before your holiday starts.

We will continue to work with our technology teams to address the issue that occurred and endeavour to allow you to make dining reservations sooner. Once this has been resolved, we will of course make you aware. 

Please note, our Customer Contact Centre will not be able to share any further information or make any dining reservations over the phone at this time.

We hope this hasn’t caused you too much inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you on board soon for a holiday like never before.

Edited by Goosebear Mum

I'm currently on Britannia and I could book 9 days out. They sent the email saying you could book dining six days out.

Could book 15 days out, but they only sent the email 13 days out, by which time some popular slots were sold out already. So I wouldn't wait for a notification and just check regularly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyriamS said:

Could book 15 days out, but they only sent the email 13 days out, by which time some popular slots were sold out already. So I wouldn't wait for a notification and just check regularly. 

Yes, I had the same with my recent Iona cruise. Luckily another well known social media site’s posters alerted me !